PETA seeks to rename high school Sea Kitten

The next time you hook into a lunker, and the rod tip bends as line spools out, the folks at PETA want you to look that fishy face square in the eye and think of it not as dinner, but rather as a “sea kitten.”
In fact, the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals want Whitefish High School to rename itself Sea Kitten High School, encouraging everyone to refer to fish and other marine animals as sea kittens.

Paulson wasn’t available to discuss a possible name change on Wednesday, but Superintendent Jerry House said he’d been giving it some serious thought.

“By all means,” he said, “we try each and every day to teach respect for the feelings of others.”

Usually, he said, that lesson does not explicitly extend to fish, but “hey, why not?”

In fact, House thinks all of Whitefish should consider the new name.

But he, for one, suggests White Kitten, rather than Sea Kitten, as Whitefish is so far from the coast.

“White Kitten High School, the White Kitten City Council, the White Kitten Fire Department - it has a certain ring to it, don’t you think?”

Break the politically correct law, House said, “and you’ll be arrested by the White Kitten Police Department, and taken to the White Kitten Jail, where you’ll be treated with soft, furry paws and a purr of compassion.”

missoulian.com/articles/2009/01/08/news/local/news04.txt

The only thing that bothers me more than PETA is the fact that there are enough loonies with money to support that organization.

There needs to be some balance here. Perhaps Michigan’s “Wolverines” should be renamed the “Land Sharks”, and Missouri’s “Tigers” should be the “Terrestrial Stripers”.

I think PETA is fishing without a license, bait, or a hook. :whacky:

BTW: I have stopped at a KFC just because PETA was protesting there. :smiley:

Sea Kitten? Wouldn’t that make this thing a cannibal? o_O

holds up a kitten

I mean it’s pretty much common knowledge that kitties love fish. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly, true. Their latest target is the USA network, pressuring them not to carry the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show.

PETA seeks to rename high school Sea Kitten…

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

and with all the monumental problems this country has…the world really has gone insane!

PETA needs do to ashamed of themselves they are not even considering the feelings of the Whitefish how shameful, these Whitefish could develop a low self-esteem.

The next time I eat one all I’ll think about is these poor Whitefish not having a high school named after them when I pour on the cocktail sauce.:eek:

PETA: always good for a laugh, if nothing else. And what the yell is a “Sea Kitten”? I’m getting the mental image of a kitten with a fish tail, like a mermaid.

This reminds me of something…oh yeah…KofC Lenten Fish Frys!!! That’s not too far away…yay!

I will not appologize for God who, in his infinite wisdom, created mankind to be omnivorous.

I still think it’d be pretty cool to get your diploma from ‘Seakitten High’. :smiley:

I mean yes, this is goofy, but in an adorable way!

:smiley:

I’m sorry, but the first thing that came to my mind reading this was an image of a bunch of big muscular football players running out on to the field amide the shouts of “Here come the kittens!!!” Oooooo there are sooooo ferocious! :eek:

Seriously, who comes up with these names? I hate to say it but if they change their name to any kind of kitten they are going to be the laughing stock of the schools. If they want to use white why not white tigers, or if they want to incorpate fish and felines why not the catfish?

It continues to become increasingly evident that we have a major medical problem in the United States—it consists of all those lobotomies they keep performing on members of PETA…

This medical problem does have names. Liberalism and Relativism (yes, I had to get this in)

All they did was add one more way to skin a cat…

Scale it.:smiley:

No. No no nonono. I cannot tolerate the image of Patrick Swayze standing on a clifftop shouting defiantly to the Soviet troops below:

Land Sharks.
Land Sharks.

<><

So…PETA wants to rename my favorite food “sea kittens”?

OK then…I might just have to start eating “land fish” then! (My folks have 2 at home)

Next time I fry up a pan of CATfish I will remember that cats are kittens first and be grateful for more CATfish to cook.:smiley:

Especially on Fridays, huh,…

Spoken like a sin-cere CATolic whom I have noticed really knows her DOGma.

Thank you. DOGma is important to us CATholics.

Yep Friday fried Catfish is good for this CATholic family. It is really yummy with some lettice and tarter sauce. Not DOGma but it is yummy.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.