Pete Seeger Dies

Pete Seeger, aged 94, was a legendary folk singer and social activist for justice and the environment, who influenced scores of other performers, including Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen. Whatever your politics, please say a prayer for this great artist and good man. May his soul rest in peace.

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them.
:signofcross: May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

I am sorry to hear this.

Almighty God, please accept this soul, your son. :signofcross::highprayer::gopray2:

Well put. And Amen. :sad_yes:

I am sorry he is gone but happy he had such a long life.

I am remembering that song which I am paraphrasing here:

“How do I know my youth was well spent? My get up and go has gotten up and went…”

Does anyone remember the rest of it as well as the title? You may correct my lyrics if they are off.

Rest in peace, Pete.

Praying for the repose of the soul of Pete Seeger.

But in spite of it all I’m able to grin and think of the places my get up has been…

Pete is my hero and has greatly influenced me. The world is a worse place for his passing.

Eternal rest grant unto Pete, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him… May his soul and all of the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I just said a prayer for mercy on his soul. God bless you.

Praying…

Praying for the repose of the soul of Pete Seeger.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.