Peter and Eliakim

Hello

I’m curious if anyone has thought of Eliakim in Is. 22:20-22 as prefiguring Peter any further than the keys of the kingdom…like there’s something written about belts there and it brought to my mind John 21:18-19… is there a connection between these belts? This might reinforce the argument for the papacy…
Thanks
Emil

Actually yes. If you look at verse 19 in Isa 22 you see that it is an office. Throughout the O. T. we see the term ‘over the household’, this is also a prefigurement or type of papacy and that goes all the way back to Genesis. Starting in verse 15 God removes Shebna from this office and replaces him with Eliakim. So the papacy is very biblical.

Are there any good articles or something related to this that would deal with the issue more in depth?

[quote=fineca]Are there any good articles or something related to this that would deal with the issue more in depth?
[/quote]

Here are some that I think you will enjoy:

catholic-legate.com/articles/stjoepope.html

angelfire.com/ok3/apologia/firstpope3.html

socrates58.blogspot.com/2004/11/biblical-primitive-papacy-st-peter.html

socrates58.blogspot.com/2005/09/biblical-primitive-papacy-st-peter.html

catholic.com/thisrock/1996/9604eaw.asp

canapologetics.net/html/peter___the_keys.html

torch.op.org/preaching/sermon/713

bringyou.to/apologetics/a64.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.