Peter Question!

Im on a roll now!

Why was Peter able to walk on water???

“If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could move a mountain”

Because Jesus told him to.

Because Peter had faith in Jesus’ power to carry out the directive He gave to him. When his faith wavered, he began to sink.

Nita

Grace.

Incidentally, few people realize this, but this incident is the real reason that Jesus called Peter “Rock”.

Because that’s what Peter looked like when he lost sight of Jesus.

:wink:

lol!!!

good answer!

yes! so if you had faith like Peter,what are you capable of?

LOL :rotfl: :rotfl:

thanks for that answer, was funny!!! :thumbsup:

Sinking.

Seriously though, it wasn’t the faith of Peter, but the directive of Christ first and foremost. Faith is not a superpower in itself, it’s an acceptance of Christ’s direction. We can only do the works which Christ Himself has prepared before us: Ephesians 2:10.

Peace and God bless!

if that is the case then Jesus failed in what he prepared for Peter to do?

HAHAHAHA!!!

Yes, I agree with you BUT, theres always a but,LOL!
Christ gave us the directions by his works, and what his works are so can you do in his name.

Im a big believer in John 14;12-14 .
He showed us who we truly are and what we are capable of in his name.

no, peter failed in following Jesus through to completion when he lost faith. God offers and it is we who (normally) show ourselves to be defficient.

Im confused:confused: It sounded to me that by your first statement that faith wasnt in the picture but now you are saying it is.:confused:

my first quote was all about the need for faith. With faith, by God’s enabling us, we can move mountains or walk on water. Without faith, which is our failing, we can do nothing, and be no greater than we currently stand (as fallen human beings)

Thank you that is much better:thumbsup: I need things to be spelled out for me.:o :smiley:

i like this passage st peter, remind me us me at least. yes he walked in the water as jesus told him because he has faith but when the wind became strong he ask jesus for help. his faith got weak. sometimes i feel like this, affraid. maybe is because of lack of faith. thats when prayer come an help.:slight_smile: May the Sacred Heart of Jesus be Adored, Glorified, Loved & Preserved throughout the world, now & forever. Sacred Heart of Jesus, please pray for me. Saint Jude, Worker of Miracles, please pray for me. Saint Jude, Helper of the Hopeless, please pray for me. Amen:thumbsup:

BUT you can only do what He permits, and nowhere does He say it’s given to all. John 14 simply indicates that greater works are coming, not that anyone with Faith can perform them.

In short, miracles aren’t a measuring stick of Faith, but are simply gifts given here and there according to the Will of the Holy Spirit. Check out the whole chapter of 1 Corinthians 12 :thumbsup:

Peace and God bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.