Petition to END Black mass at Harvard

This is a petition that anybody can sign to end the black mass schedualed at Harvard University. There is rumors of a consecrated host being used, but this is not confirmed and probable unlikely. Either way it is an outrage.

SIGN HERE:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1dRLm-8eJXAvmEcdtrwPgm35n1S8aL5w7y5HrhXNOwFU/viewform?c=0&w=1

And PLEASE I beg you 1) pray that this will end, and pray for God’s mercy and for salvation in Harvard
2) Sign this petition
3)tell others about the event
4) tell others to pray
5) SPArEAD THE PETITION far and wide on every blog or social media platform you can.

God Bless you all,
Isaac

I am so grateful to you for forwarding this to us. I have spread the word to all the members of ministries I am in at my 5000 family Catholic Parish. That means that people here in Florida will be.circulating it through at possibly half of our nation. Gods peace be with you, izzydizzydo

boston.cbslocal.com/2014/05/08/catholic-church-condemns-black-mass-reenactment-at-harvard-university/

AWESOME! Thank you so much, Go Bless You!!!

I signed it

Well, I signed it, even thought I don’t trust Google as far as I can spit in a headwind. Who knows what they’ll do with my name, email and college affiliation? It is an extremely important issue, though, so I did it.

It seem to me that this could be seen as hate speech against Catholics. I don’t understand the “educational” purpose of this event.

They have said from the start that it is not a “consecrated” host to be used.
Where have you read or heard these rumors??

I don’t know where the OP obtained the info that it is a consecrated host. However, the people of the Satanic Temple is absolute the last people I would trust for truthful information.

In addition, I find it hard to believe that they would miss out on the chance to have a real Black Mass – with a consecrated host – at an institution such as Harvard, whose students will be affecting (effecting?) public policy and other matters for many years to come.

Quite right!

Freedom of religion is only for those we agree with!:thumbsup:

Oh, come, that is unworthy. First of all, a university is not a government entity, and can (and does) legitimately restrict activities in a way that a government may not.

Also, this isn’t a case of “religious freedom.” You know perfectly well that this is different from conducting a Hindu, Muslim, or other nonChristian religious service, or even holding an atheist rally. This is specifically a desecration and act of hostility of another religion. Would you approve of a Harvard-sponsored event which featured spitting and urinating on pictures of prominent atheists?

Thank you very much for the petition. I will sign it. In addition, I hope to be able to attend the Holy Hour of Reparation at St. Paul’s Church in Cambridge, one block from Harvard University. There is a large Harvard University group of students who attend Mass there regularly.

God bless you.

I don’t agree with what they’re doing. But I don’t think we should be giving this event any more attention than it merits. That’s exactly what they want. So, respectfully, I won’t sign the petition.

Good point!

It looks like this isn’t the school but a group of students at the school.

[quote="Harvard]Students at Harvard Extension School, like students at colleges across the nation, organize and operate a number of independent student organizations, representing a wide range of student interests.

Harvard Extension School does not endorse the views or activities of any independent student organization. But we do support the rights of our students and faculty to speak and assemble freely.

In this case, we understand that this independent student organization, the Cultural Studies Club, is hosting a series of events—including a Shinto tea ceremony, a Shaker exhibition, and a Buddhist presentation on meditation—as part of a student-led effort to explore different cultures.
[/quote]

Well, this seems to be the re-enactment that is getting the most attention. There are others.

BTW: I think the only thing that talking about it has done has been giving it more publicity. Instead of being an isolated event behind closed doors it’s gotten publicity in the new, blogs, and forums such as this one. The petition is only bringing it more attention while not doing anything to effectively stop it.

Source:Harvard’s Official Response

It sounds like a number of you didn’t follow this from the beginning.

Three hours after reading about it on a secular news website they began broadcasting it regularly on Catholic radio. And on that first day a few people called the woman in charge of this program. It was she who stated that a consecrated host wazzup to be used. Even Teresa Tomeo verified it along with giving us details of how the black mass is performed.
They copy our Catholic Mass but with Satans name. They also throw the consecrated host on the floor and stomp on it.

FYI they won their appeal to install a monument of Satan on the courthouse grounds i. A town in Oklahoma. They say they are about halfway to their 20,000 dollar goal. This monument depicts their rendering of Satan sitting on his throne with two small children looking adoringly at him.

On the second day the women in charge of the programwas told by the Satanist leader Lucien that the host wasn’t consecrated. At that point the article of the event was on every single Catholic. news website which I pursue each day along with being discussed by most Catholic apologist on the radio.

The Catholic Church and the laity have taken a stand on this sacrilegious event.

HOW ABOUT YOU! As one person said Harvard would never allow such a thing to be done to Jews or Muslims on their campus yet Catholics are free game.

Did not Jesus throw over the tables of the money changes at the temple

Agreed. I will pray, but I won’t sign the petition.

[quote=izzydizzydo;11979773
]

AMEN.
[/quote]

They are 40% over their goal at 28,180 USD (source) as of January 17, 2014.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.