Petition: Why did YouTube remove these videos?

liveaction.org/index.php/projects/youtube

Please sign this petition! We have seen too much deception, and it is costing lives!

Why did they provide a first name, specific PP office, and a voice, the latter in violation of YouTube's rules? Do you really think no one at the PP office knows who's voice that is?

I don't support PP activities at all, but it seems rather odd to be entering undercover into a PP office with a bogus story to tell, looking to find someone breaking the rules, then complain about deception. :eek::rolleyes:

[quote="DOShea, post:2, topic:182050"]
Why did they provide a first name, specific PP office, and a voice, the latter in violation of YouTube's rules? Do you really think no one at the PP office knows who's voice that is?

I don't support PP activities at all, but it seems rather odd to be entering undercover into a PP office with a bogus story to tell, looking to find someone breaking the rules, then complain about deception. :eek::rolleyes:

[/quote]

Think carefully, then compare the "deception" of those exposing groups doing/saying anything just to make money. Then, think of those little girls. Think of the babies. Think of how these girls' rapes do not get reported by PP (as they should be!), think of the deception in lying about babies' development, then tell me just WHO is deceptive here--those engaged in these dirty deeds--or those exposing them, because the media refuses to report this abuse??
I think the answer is crystal clear, and if anyone compares the two as if they were equal, they have to live on Mars.
Sorry, but if you honestly believe that (and do you??) you have to be one of the "plants" we see so often on these forums.
I suggest you dig a bit deeper into PP's history and philosophy. Go to any pro-life organization, such as National Right To Life and request info on PP. If you honestly believe what you say, you eyes will quickly be opened.
Peace.

If they can leave the desecration videos on there, one wonders why they would take these off first...

I've seen the transcripts for these before. Sadly, this happens all the time. The abortuary I counsel in front of regularly accepts underage women, breaking the law. The don't need photo ID like other abortuaries, so the girls can fudge it.

Google was the company that told Obama they would help spy on people through what was searched in their search engine. They are a radical leftist organization.

Planned Parenthood has all the money in the world to throw around to get rid of any and all opposition, even sweet, old grannies.
They are the slimiest organization in the world. All they care about is money. As far as they're concerned, the women could be animals for slaughter.

James O'Keefe and Hannah Guiles, the same two who exposed ACORN by posing undercover in that video did one with ACORN. It's worth looking at.

[quote="DihydrogenOxide, post:4, topic:182050"]
If they can leave the desecration videos on there, one wonders why they would take these off first...

I've seen the transcripts for these before. Sadly, this happens all the time. The abortuary I counsel in front of regularly accepts underage women, breaking the law. The don't need photo ID like other abortuaries, so the girls can fudge it.

Google was the company that told Obama they would help spy on people through what was searched in their search engine. They are a radical leftist organization.

Planned Parenthood has all the money in the world to throw around to get rid of any and all opposition, even sweet, old grannies.
They are the slimiest organization in the world. All they care about is money. As far as they're concerned, the women could be animals for slaughter.

James O'Keefe and Hannah Guiles, the same two who exposed ACORN by posing undercover in that video did one with ACORN. It's worth looking at.

[/quote]

100% correct!

Abortion remains the most UNregulated medical 'procedure' in the world, and it is all--and I mean ALL about money and exploitation. In other words, "do or say anything--just get them in for the abortion."

Hmmm--might have been a little payoff or other favor (or possibly a threat, as some suspect?) to remove these videos, do ya think?? Extremely likely!! In any event, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that those who are deceiving will do all in their power to keep deceiving--especially for big profit.

Yeah, they will openly lie. I see it all the time. At the abortuary I counsel in front of, the people inside tell women to lie to us or do certain things to avoid having us talking to them. Before women come to the place they tell them we want to scare them. They even have a sign on the door saying it.

We have had people go in for their relatives to tell them to come out, but they take women to the “back” room so they can’t be dissuaded. We are told the nurses are nasty to the women. One woman was scared by the people inside so much that she was considering climbing out a window to leave.

They also won’t allow young children in the waiting room, which should scare people right there, but sadly it doesn’t.

Big profit is right! They are also losing money lately, because prayer and protest is finally digging into their profits. Thanks be to God! Sadly, they think stopping these videos will somehow help them stay afloat.

Pray for the failure of Planned Parenthood!

[quote="SallyMargie, post:3, topic:182050"]
Think carefully, then compare the "deception" of those exposing groups doing/saying anything just to make money. Then, think of those little girls. Think of the babies. Think of how these girls' rapes do not get reported by PP (as they should be!), think of the deception in lying about babies' development, then tell me just WHO is deceptive here--those engaged in these dirty deeds--or those exposing them, because the media refuses to report this abuse??
I think the answer is crystal clear, and if anyone compares the two as if they were equal, they have to live on Mars.
Sorry, but if you honestly believe that (and do you??) you have to be one of the "plants" we see so often on these forums.
I suggest you dig a bit deeper into PP's history and philosophy. Go to any pro-life organization, such as National Right To Life and request info on PP. If you honestly believe what you say, you eyes will quickly be opened.
Peace.

[/quote]

I'm not saying I don't agree with you but...

Is not a lie a lie no matter what the situation? and a Sin a Sin? I guess what I'm saying is that as Catholics are you suggesting that it's ok to promote a venial sin to stop a mortal one (well not mortal necessarily if they don't know or believe right?)

Just a thought...

Joe

[quote="jwashu, post:7, topic:182050"]
I'm not saying I don't agree with you but...

Is not a lie a lie no matter what the situation? and a Sin a Sin? I guess what I'm saying is that as Catholics are you suggesting that it's ok to promote a venial sin to stop a mortal one (well not mortal necessarily if they don't know or believe right?)

Just a thought...

Joe

[/quote]

I see your point, but I think we need to look at the big picture.

They are KILLING babies, first of all. If you or I saw a child, say, in danger of getting run over, we would do all we can to save that child. if you know, for example, a neighbor were consistently abusing a child, wouldn't you save that child? How are helpless unborn babies any different? I think the key thing to remember is that babies are being killed, and for huge profits. I believe the Lord Himself would do all he can to expose such evil. Again, we really cannot compare the deceit of PP (and all the evil related) to someone simply taking a camera and getting it on tape. What's worse yet is that the mouths in the media and Hollywood certainly have to know about this by now, but no one is saying a thing. Indeed, taking down these videos so the public won't know the facts is just one more example of deceit. WWJD? I believe He would clearly condemn such evil, and I can't believe He would chastise those who are doing whatever they can to stop this killing, exploitation, and deceit. JMHO.

[quote="DihydrogenOxide, post:6, topic:182050"]

Yeah, they will openly lie. I see it all the time. At the abortuary I counsel in front of, the people inside tell women to lie to us or do certain things to avoid having us talking to them. Before women come to the place they tell them we want to scare them. They even have a sign on the door saying it.

We have had people go in for their relatives to tell them to come out, but they take women to the "back" room so they can't be dissuaded. We are told the nurses are nasty to the women. One woman was scared by the people inside so much that she was considering climbing out a window to leave.

They also won't allow young children in the waiting room, which should scare people right there, but sadly it doesn't.

Big profit is right! They are also losing money lately, because prayer and protest is finally digging into their profits. Thanks be to God! Sadly, they think stopping these videos will somehow help them stay afloat.

Pray for the failure of Planned Parenthood!

[/quote]

Yup--and pray for their conversions! Can you imagine how in the dark you would have to be to go to a killing center every day and take part in such evil?

The book Lime 5 is excellent on exposing all the dirty business going on in abortion clinics. It's absolutely disgusting that no one but pro-life individuals seem to care a whit about the babies and their mothers. Ya gotta wonder what God must think of this ongoing evil. SO many lives destroyed in so many ways. May God have mercy!

BTW, a few years ago I got hate mail from a PP worker/NARAL member. She couldn't stand that I was exposing PP in an editorial. The poor girl was so sick and confused--just hateful. Her life truly became her own hell. I finally had to post in the paper that the police were looking into the mail, which they were. Sicko! What a waste of a life defending such evil. Sad.

i am truly amazed at the people who are outraged at the filmmakers "lying" about their names, etc. while asking legitimate questions, while PP lies about murdering innocent babies to make billions of $$$$$.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

BINGO, Mark77! Exactly right!

Note this is just how the Left ALWAYS plays the game. Same thing with the recent “Climategate” episode. What happened? The dirty little truth about the current environmental fraud from the environmental extremists finally leaked out. We were supposed to be fools and believe the sky was falling, believe confused chumps like Al Gore, and believe people are worthless scum–let’s just save the penguins! Oh–and not to forget, it was also a perfect opportunity for those Lefties to make a ton of money from all kinds of “necessary” environmental taxes, and to scrap our lifestyles and return to the Stone Age. (Actually, they’re still trying to shove this down our throats!)

The name of their game is “turn the spotlight” off the guilty and go after those who are trying to expose the evil. Such twisted minds!!

[quote="SallyMargie, post:11, topic:182050"]
BINGO, Mark77! Exactly right!

Note this is just how the Left ALWAYS plays the game. Same thing with the recent "Climategate" episode. What happened? The dirty little truth about the current environmental fraud from the environmental extremists finally leaked out. We were supposed to be fools and believe the sky was falling, believe confused chumps like Al Gore, and believe people are worthless scum--let's just save the penguins! Oh--and not to forget, it was also a perfect opportunity for those Lefties to make a ton of money from all kinds of "necessary" environmental taxes, and to scrap our lifestyles and return to the Stone Age. (Actually, they're still trying to shove this down our throats!)

The name of their game is "turn the spotlight" off the guilty and go after those who are trying to expose the evil. Such twisted minds!!

[/quote]

Stop with the left stuff... did you notice climategate went away fairly rapidly? because it's still just a few scientists saying the theory might not be correct. It's like people saying since it's cold that global warming isn't happening... which just show ignorance about the theory. It's the warming that is melting the ice which is causing climate change, partially because of the currents in the North Atlantic and this global warming is causing the winters to be more extreme... God gave us this planet and it's animals to take care, we are partially responsible.

No one is saying go back to the stone age... people are just saying that we need to be looking for other sources and be more responsible with what we have... and that is a Christian message.

But I digress...

Yes you are correct in that killing babies is a lot different than a lie. But a policy of misinformation is still a policy. If you break that then you can't put a video there.

Is abortion murder? yes... but do most pro-choice people believe that? No. Lying and violence isn't going to fix that issue. Education is going to fix it. Have you noticed that the number of abortion Dr's is going down? They are dying off... why? One reason is because of technology and education. The more people can SEE that it's not a clump of cells and the more young physicians have to rotate through OB makes them less likely to want or agree to do that. SO MUCH SO that I have seen some pro-choice extremist want to give tuition cuts to Dr's who would agree to abort babies for a few years... they are scared.

The other thing is that more and more Americans are seeing this as murder... but not all. I know a lot of good, moral individuals from my previous church (convert) who love kids, work in daycare have big families etc... but are pro-choice because they just don't believe life begins at conception. Most are against late term but otherwise they are pro-choice. Are they murderers for supporting that or are they ignorant of the truth? I would have to argue the latter.

And would I help any of those children... of course, I use to work in Childlife and have 4 sons. Do I believe that sometimes morals are relative based upon situation? Yes actually I do to some small degree (which is what you are suggesting) but the Catholic Church has been against moral relativism for the most part which is why I was asking :)

I'm also attaching this link as I believe it would be educational based upon your reply post to Mark77. Realize that neither party truly represents a Christian message... in fact statistically, neither party represents a pro-life solution either... the political situation of abortion is quite a paradox in American politics.

johncwright.livejournal.com/303511.html (Shamelessly stolen from NewAdvent)

Joe

[quote="jwashu, post:12, topic:182050"]
Stop with the left stuff... did you notice climategate went away fairly rapidly? because it's still just a few scientists saying the theory might not be correct. It's like people saying since it's cold that global warming isn't happening... which just show ignorance about the theory. It's the warming that is melting the ice which is causing climate change, partially because of the currents in the North Atlantic and this global warming is causing the winters to be more extreme... God gave us this planet and it's animals to take care, we are partially responsible.

No one is saying go back to the stone age... people are just saying that we need to be looking for other sources and be more responsible with what we have... and that is a Christian message.

But I digress...

Yes you are correct in that killing babies is a lot different than a lie. But a policy of misinformation is still a policy. If you break that then you can't put a video there.

Is abortion murder? yes... but do most pro-choice people believe that? No. Lying and violence isn't going to fix that issue. Education is going to fix it. Have you noticed that the number of abortion Dr's is going down? They are dying off... why? One reason is because of technology and education. The more people can SEE that it's not a clump of cells and the more young physicians have to rotate through OB makes them less likely to want or agree to do that. SO MUCH SO that I have seen some pro-choice extremist want to give tuition cuts to Dr's who would agree to abort babies for a few years... they are scared.

The other thing is that more and more Americans are seeing this as murder... but not all. I know a lot of good, moral individuals from my previous church (convert) who love kids, work in daycare have big families etc... but are pro-choice because they just don't believe life begins at conception. Most are against late term but otherwise they are pro-choice. Are they murderers for supporting that or are they ignorant of the truth? I would have to argue the latter.

And would I help any of those children... of course, I use to work in Childlife and have 4 sons. Do I believe that sometimes morals are relative based upon situation? Yes actually I do to some small degree (which is what you are suggesting) but the Catholic Church has been against moral relativism for the most part which is why I was asking :)

I'm also attaching this link as I believe it would be educational based upon your reply post to Mark77. Realize that neither party truly represents a Christian message... in fact statistically, neither party represents a pro-life solution either... the political situation of abortion is quite a paradox in American politics.

johncwright.livejournal.com/303511.html (Shamelessly stolen from NewAdvent)

Joe

[/quote]

Sorry, Joe, but I refuse to "stop with the Left" stuff when they seem to be destroying any freedom, religious liberty, life, etc. etc.! Why would anyone in their right mind "stop" fighting such evil?

Climategate did NOT "go away"--the Left only want to say nothing about it in the hopes it will all be forgotten. But frankly, anyone paying attention at all knows the global warming gig is busted, though they still will try to pretend it isn't just to get our money and more power over us. Wow--if you believe such nonsense, you really need more info! The Jason Lewis radio show often has experts which expose this hoax--and it is THEY who have the evidence. The phony pictures of melting ice on Gore's video were exposed long ago. They were traced to a low grade movie from the 80s! Please don't be so gullible as to believe such sheer nonsense! It is clearly designed again, to take away our money (through phony taxes), our lifestyles, and our freedom.
I don't believe you or others who are well-intentioned, but frankly misinformed, want to abuse the earth. It's not people like you, though, who are the problem--it's the politicians who are working so hard to control us in every way conceivable. THAT is the problem.

From what I understand, YouTube holds double standards. They somehow felt "justified" to remove these important videos, yet I'm also aware they often refuse to post others, specifically of a religious or a conservative nature. I've heard of this happening for years, and particularly pro-life people are the victim of the censorship. Evidently they don't want the pro-life message to get out to the public, it seems.

Remember that in Genesis it clearly states that man has dominion over the earth and animals. Yes, we certainly have to respect that which God has given us to care for, but in no way does that mean the environment, animals, etc. are ABOVE man, and I fear we are clearly headed in that direction, "thanks" to Leftist politicians.

Remember it's not the truly pro-life who are "violent"--those few who shot abortion killing center employees were never aligned with any pro-life organization. How about the man who was shot holding a sign up outside an abortion clinic, defending human life? How about the pro-life protestor in Duluth, MN who was attacked by a woman with a knife who was going in for an abortion? Wow--we sure don't hear much about examples like this from the Leftist media, do we??

I do agree with you that education is part of the answer, but a spiritual renewal is a bigger part. We can't be Catholic and live our lives as nonCatholics. We have to expose the damage of contraception on health and marriages, welcome larger families, and buck the wacky system we find ourselves in. We have to honestly be a light to others to win them.

(continuing here, as my word count got too high...)

Neither political Party is great, but the Dems win hands down as far as going over the edge and selling out to socialism, voting anti-life, voting anti-freedom, etc. There are some Reps I would put in there, also, but the Dems clearly have lost it, though there are a handful of them who are okay.

Isn't it amazing how supposed educated people will deny life begins at conception?! Whoda thought that after centuries, especially in our "enlightened" age, you would find such nonsense! Really, an educated 2 year old could figure out life begins at conception, but again, it's all about money and a political agenda--and control over people.
We need to keep praying and spreading the truth, which is why I posted this. People have to start waking up!

[quote="SallyMargie, post:9, topic:182050"]
Yup--and pray for their conversions! Can you imagine how in the dark you would have to be to go to a killing center every day and take part in such evil?

The book Lime 5 is excellent on exposing all the dirty business going on in abortion clinics. It's absolutely disgusting that no one but pro-life individuals seem to care a whit about the babies and their mothers. Ya gotta wonder what God must think of this ongoing evil. SO many lives destroyed in so many ways. May God have mercy!

BTW, a few years ago I got hate mail from a PP worker/NARAL member. She couldn't stand that I was exposing PP in an editorial. The poor girl was so sick and confused--just hateful. Her life truly became her own hell. I finally had to post in the paper that the police were looking into the mail, which they were. Sicko! What a waste of a life defending such evil. Sad.

[/quote]

Yeah, I know! We pray for their conversion at the local parish in our Mass intentions and during rosaries and other prayers.

Yeah, I regularly pass out copies of Lime 5. It's a testament to the evil that is being done and the damage it does, especially against women. Sterilizations, murder, rape, etc.

I know. I was just watching Mother Angelica last night on an old show, where she said, "Oh heck, we've gone past the terrible evils committed at Sodom and Gamorrah."
It's very hard to get people out, unless it personally affects them in some way. They seem to think, "well if it doesn't physically hurt or bother me, why should I care?"

Yes, but the evil one uses them as a tool. Some of these people, I wouldn't be surprised if they are possessed. Fr. Euteneuer prayed with us outside the abortuary here and he said, it's literally black and white, good and evil. He gave a talk at our church about the demonic abortion connection. It's true, too! You have the door of hell itself at abortuaries. People who hate pro-life or love pro-life...

To these PP/NARAL people, life isn't important anymore, so they become dangerous.

[quote="jwashu, post:12, topic:182050"]

Joe

[/quote]

That's a lie. I'm a scientist who thinks climategate is a money making scandal. raises hand I also know very many of my colleagues feel the same. Why don't you look at the climate graphs.

Flatulence and exhaling from animals causes more carbon dioxide and methane emissions than humans could only hope to produce. It's the most unscientific piece of garbage I've heard of in a long while. Climate has been changing forever.

Besides, this post has nothing to do with climate change. It has to do with Planned Parenthood, another evil of society.

Peace.

[/quote]

You must have missed what I said about not supporting anything PP does. This has nothing to do with those activities as issues. This has to do with two things:

1. YouTube, fair or not, has the right to make rules and be the judge of those rules. This is no different than this forum right here where there are rules, and if there is a question on them being broken, the forum staff are the judges of if it's a violation of rules or not. One of those rules is you cannot put specific identifying information in a video of this nature that identifies specific individuals. In this particular case, it would identify them as individuals involved in criminal activity. We have a specific rule just like that here, where if you talk about a specific case of, say, suspected liturgical abuse, you cannot name the priest. The argument you are making would be like posting about abuse, naming the priest, then protesting the unfairness when CAF staff deletes the post on the grounds of liturgical abuse is more important of an issue than forum rules. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

The people who made the video left the person's voice on the video without any alteration that might make it difficult to pinpoint who they are. They also used first names with that audio, and that is against YouTube's rules.

So on this point, it comes down to asking for support to go against YouTube's rules because the issue at hand supersedes their right to impose their own rules on their own site. I disagree with that notion, and feel that if they took steps to meet YouTube's rules, they would not have the video taken down. Even the authors of desecration videos can seem to follow YouTube's rules, why can't this author?

1. The appeal to support this cause was based on a claim that YouTube was using deception. I fail to see where that deception is, and I further think that someone who uses deception themselves, rightly or wrongly, has no business complaining about it. YouTube stated their reasons and they are fully within their rights as owners of that business to reject any video from anyone because they simply don't like it. But they didn't do that in this case, they laid out a set of criteria and the author of the video didn't follow it. So my answer is stop whining about it and fix the video. YouTube doesn't belong to "everyone," it belongs to those who pay the bills and operate it.

I am also against the idea that two wrongs make a right. If, as you claim, this issue of what PP does is so absolutely, vitally important that we get the message out to the public, then don't use YouTube in a way that violates its rules. Follow them or go buy hosting service with the bandwidth to show the video on a site where you can make the rules.

The idea that YouTube has to reject their own rules because you feel this is important is as foolish a notion and based on the same faulty logic that a Catholic doctor must provide abortion services because doctors serve the public and must give them whatever they want without regard to personal choices or conviction because someone else thinks THAT is important.

Peace.

[/quote]

You must have missed what I said about not supporting anything PP does. This has nothing to do with those activities as issues. This has to do with two things:

1. YouTube, fair or not, has the right to make rules and be the judge of those rules. This is no different than this forum right here where there are rules, and if there is a question on them being broken, the forum staff are the judges of if it's a violation of rules or not. One of those rules is you cannot put specific identifying information in a video of this nature that identifies specific individuals. In this particular case, it would identify them as individuals involved in criminal activity. We have a specific rule just like that here, where if you talk about a specific case of, say, suspected liturgical abuse, you cannot name the priest.

The people who made the video left the person's voice on the video without any alteration that might make it difficult to pinpoint who they are. They also used first names with that audio, and that is against YouTube's rules.

So on this point, it comes down to asking for support to go against YouTube's rules because the issue at hand supersedes their right to impose their own rules on their own site. I disagree with that notion, and feel that if they took steps to meet YouTube's rules, they would not have the video taken down. Even the authors of desecration videos can seem to follow YouTube's rules, why can't this author?

1. The appeal to support this cause was based on a claim that YouTube was using deception. I fail to see where that deception is, and I further think that someone who uses deception themselves, rightly or wrongly, has no business complaining about it. YouTube stated their reasons and they are fully within their rights as owners of that business to reject any video from anyone because they simply don't like it. But they didn't do that in this case, they laid out a set of criteria and the author of the video didn't follow it. So my answer is stop whining about it and fix the video. YouTube doesn't belong to "everyone," it belongs to those who pay the bills and operate it.

I am also against the idea that two wrongs make a right. If, as you claim, this issue of what PP does is so absolutely, vitally important that we get the message out to the public, then don't use YouTube in a way that violates its rules. Follow them or go buy hosting service with the bandwidth to show the video on a site where you can make the rules.

The idea that YouTube has to reject their own rules because you feel this is important is as foolish a notion and based on the same faulty logic that a Catholic doctor must provide abortion services because doctors serve the public and must give them whatever they want without regard to personal choices or conviction because someone else thinks THAT is important.

[quote="DOShea, post:18, topic:182050"]

1. YouTube, fair or not, has the right to make rules and be the judge of those rules. This is no different than this forum right here where there are rules, and if there is a question on them being broken, the forum staff are the judges of if it's a violation of rules or not. One of those rules is you cannot put specific identifying information in a video of this nature that identifies specific individuals. In this particular case, it would identify them as individuals involved in criminal activity. We have a specific rule just like that here, where if you talk about a specific case of, say, suspected liturgical abuse, you cannot name the priest.

[/quote]

Are you really Catholic. Or are you like Speaker Pelosi?

Ditto. I have the same question!

It’s easy to try to put the spotlight on those who are trying to expose those who are killing and exploiting for huge profit–especially when the media and Leftist politicians (financially and otherwise rewarded, often) will bend over backwards to take part in this deception, but if you look at the big picture, to simply question the “why” of removing these videos (which would expose this evil to a LOT of people) will, in the end, allow PP to continue with its killing and deception.
Um…what about the dead babies and the young girls who are being exploited??? Is it not obvious that this should stop???
At the end of the day, DOShea, this DOES end up supporting the horrific “activities” of PP. Do the math.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.