Petrus Romanus

Every Pope is Roman, every Catholic is Roman. We are on the final Pope according to the Prophecy of the Popes of St. Malachy…but one more thing…

There may be a sign in the heavens, on September 23rd, 2017. Found in Apocalypse 12:1 - taken from the Douay Rheims: 1. And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars: [2] And being with child, she cried travailing in birth, and was in pain to be delivered.

On September 23rd, 2017, the constellation Virgo will be with Leo Above her. In Leo there are 9 stars. Between Leo and Virgo will be mercury, mars and Venus, which will be 12 stars crowned on (just above) Virgo. At virgos feet will be the moon, and just below the moon will be Serpens, the snake constellation. She, Virgo, will also have at her left shoulder, on her back, the Sun, sometime on September 23rd, which will be Virgo, clothed with the sun, as Apoc. 12:1 states, also the 12 stars, and the moon at her feet, with Serpens, which coincides with Catholic traditional artwork depicting the Virgin. According to astronomers, this is the only time during the time of Christ, that this has happened, we glean. One more thing… Jupiter, the largest planet in our solar system appears just below the torso of Virgo, right were a child would be delivered, and sometime around the 23rd, passes in her torso and out of her torso, the king planet, Jupiter, the biggest planet. How very symbolic, no?

I can’t possibly be Roman I was born and raised in the United States to American parents, good try. And this has already been discussed ad infinitum. I really hope this is a topic the moderators ban because I am so sick and tired of reading about it.

Interesting. I haven’t heard this before.

I think the reason you haven’t heard this is because I don’t think there’s any truth to it, at least not the way it is being presented

I’m a Roman Catholic.

It’s a fairly rare star combination.

Genesis 1:14 And God said: Let there be lights made in the firmament of heaven, to divide the day and the night, and*** let them be for signs, ***and for seasons, and for days and years:

:popcorn:

FYI, every Catholic is not Roman.

FYI - Every Catholic is NOT Roman. There are many Catholics who are not Roman Rite Catholics. There are even Latin Catholics who do not attend Roman Rite Catholic parishes in Milan and in Spain.

Also Christ said that we will NOT know when the end of the world will come.

Malachi’s prophecy did not come true. Our pope is Frances not Peter. As for the constellations, it is interesting, I’ll give you that. However, we are not to know the time so it won’t be then.

I’m simply pointing this out as a sign of the times.

I wouldn’t put any stock in the alleged “Prophecy of the Popes,” which most modern scholars agree was a 16th century forgery. The following two links give more info on that front:

[catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/is-pope-francis-the-final-roman-pontiff](“Is Pope Francis the Final Roman Pontiff?”)

[jimmyakin.com/2013/02/how-reliable-is-the-st-malachy-prophecy.html](“How Reliable is the St. Malachy Prophecy?”)

The link below explains most of this in more detail, but generally:

1. The relation of Virgo to Leo and Serpens is always the same. Leo is always “above” Virgo’s head, and Serpens is always “below” Virgo’s feet. So nothing special there.
  2. There are way more than nine stars in Leo. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stars_in_Leo
  3. The Sun “clothes” Virgo every year between August and September since Virgo lies on the ecliptic (the imaginary line tracing the path of the Sun through the sky as seen from Earth). Also, because it takes the Sun roughly a month to “pass” through Virgo and the Lunar cycle is also around a month long, there are one or two days every year when Virgo is “clothed” with the Sun with the Moon “beneath” her feet.
  4. The positions of the planets as described is certainly rarer, but hardly “the only time during the time of Christ, that this has happened.” As noted in the article linked below, it has happened at least four times in the last 1,000 years (i.e. only half of the period comprising the time of Christ).

See more here: [vofoundation.org/blog/biblical-signs-sky-september-23-2017/](“Biblical Signs in the Sky? September 23, 2017”)

So to answer your question, while it may be interesting to think about and while God certainly could use it as some great sign or symbol of the end times, I wouldn’t count on that being the case. Better to stick with what has already been revealed through Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition as taught by the Magisterium of the Church.

Print this one out and spend some time with it. It might deserve it.

Two thoughts.

1. The sky is falling.
  2. We’re all going to die.

The so-called prophesies are credibly believed to be 16th century forgeries. To desire knowledge of the future - knowledge not reveled to or through Christ’s Church - is to invite or entertain the occult powers. Martha Stewart would say “That is a bad thing.”

Thanks for posting this. And what about Jupiter?

I remember when Pope Francis was elected, there were several fundamentalist radio preachers around here who tried to make the “Peter the Roman” argument – somehow, by tortured “logic” that I can’t recall – turning Jorge of Buenos Aires into Peter the Roman. The whole “St. Malachy” thing is a fraud anyway from everything I’ve read.

From the article linked at the bottom of my previous post:

The period of Jupiter’s orbit is a little less than twelve years, and therefore Jupiter will be in Virgo (with the sun there, too, and the moon at the feet) once every eleven or twelve years.

So the sun in Virgo, the moon at Virgo’s “feet”, and Jupiter in the constellation are regular occurrences. This leaves the planets at the “head” (the number depending on the number of stars granted to Leo) as the determining factor in making a “momentous” celestial arrangement. Indeed, while various Internet sources speak of the specific celestial arrangement here as being “unique in human history” or “once in 7000 years”, in fact it is not unique to September 23, 2017. This basic arrangement happened before—in September 1827, in September 1483, in September 1293, and in September 1056. These are all shown at the end of this post. I only searched back one thousand years, from 2017 to 1017—there are undoubtedly other examples outside of that time period, and probably a couple examples that I missed within that time period.

It’s a near miss for the moon in 2017 too, under the feet of Virgo

It looks real close for being the most perfect in 2017. The placement of mars Venus and mercury seem really good in 2017, and the moon looks closest to being right under her feet in 2017. Maybe it’s happened before rarely and happens most perfectly in 2017?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.