Petty attacks on Eduardo Verastegui!

I just barely found out yesterday that Latina magazine has been attacking Eduardo throughout the years. latina.com/lazzies-karmas-beyotch-male-eduardo-verastegui
I know this is an old story but I find it appalling that they’re picking on him becase they don’t like his politics and not on Luis Miguel and Marco Antonio Solis who are reportedly dead-beat dads. (Those of you that follow the gossip shows in Spanish know who I’m talking about.) See also: latina.com/entertainment/eduardo-verastegui-supports-john-mccain-and-ban-gay-marriage (btw liars, they don’t respect him) and latina.com/entertainment/movies/latin-hollywood-report-cameron-diaz-bad-teacher-and-sofia-vergara-has-happy-fee.

I’ll admit it I** used** to subcribe to Latina magazine back in 2006 for around a year but I got so tired of always seeing the same faces on the cover (Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendes, Salma Hayek, Eva Longoria, it’s nothing personal but…) and I’ve noticed the magazine just gets thinner and thinner as the years go by. Please contact them at editor@latina.com.

There is always someone attacking, I have no idea why. He is so nice. If you don’t see he has much going on it is because he much pickier now about projects he does. I heard him in an interview say he wanted to do projects that reject well on his community and on his faith. He is going to be in a film called Cristida.

And Eduardo co founded his own production company. He is extremely successful.

There is always someone attacking, I have no idea why. He is so nice. If you don't see him in much going on it is because he much choosier now about projects he does. I heard him in an interview say he wanted to do projects that reject well on his heritage and his faith. He is going to be in a film called Cristida.

And Eduardo co founded his own production company. He is extremely successful.

Stop ascribing to "gossip" mags as gossip, properly defined, is a sin. This guy looks like a good guy in his support for pro-life issues and support for the proper definition of marriage but we are not to concern ourselves with another person's personal life. Any group, such as make up this magazine, that deviates from defined Catholic Magisterial teaching is not compatible with the true life lived in God and is leading other people astray. Don't be one of them.

Thank you both for your support, but can you do me a favor? Write to the magazine using the email I provided so they'll know we support Eduardo.

This is part of the response I recieved: "I wanted to clarify your contention that we have been attacking Eduardo. We have not been, so I’m not sure where there is coming from. Other celebrities, like Perez Hilton, have criticized Eduardo, and we have reported on that — just as we report on when he has a new movie out or gives a press conference; in fact, we have been very supportive of his career, which I think you would see if you did a search of his name on our website, latina.com."

I responded that I did in fact search their Website and that's where I found the first article. Stay tuned.

Here’s there new response, “Well, what I would say to that is: it was almost two years ago, and there is a totally new management team in place and one of the changes we have made is trying not to bash our celebrities. So I hear your concern, and agree with it: We should not be hating on other Latinos.” :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.