Pharisees and Sadducees

I often become angry that Christ teaching having become a religion, as Christ anger over the Pharisees laid specific in my heart, his disdain for such things. I personally have great difficult looking through the eyes of a Pharisees (religious person). It seems sometimes that religious people feel inclined to take word for word from the bible, and spend more time talking, dictating, and observing others, than actual self analysis. Do you remember what Christ said about the Pharisees who was sure he was not a sinner, while the man burden with guilt pleaded to The Lord, ‘God have mercy on me, a sinner.’

This day and age there is no proof of God, but it alone resides surely in love, mercy, wisdom, peace, and seeking righteousness. And those unbeliever who look at scripture with skeptic eyes just so they can boast over the idea that even those holy men were bursting with human flaw. When Christ said if anyone shall knock, it shall be opened to them. This proves everyones preconception of hell as simply a man walking around without God in their hearts. The Sadducees (non-believers) don’t seek righteousness, but this is not the same thing as not knowing what it is; It simply means that without God, and the world being material and unjust, than chaining ones selves to righteousness is futile, as there isn’t an Almighty to fulfill it.*

Matthew 23

1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

This thread needs some balance.

*Both are excellent things to bring up! I am constantly being offended by by myself and pleading with God for better understanding. The good thing about Christianity, is that by very nature of its doctrine, it will not allow even one moment self-importance even among those in robes with incense.

I’m sorry if the first poster notice my sympathies with those who are unbelievers. As I myself was utterly godless and abject with two deep and bitter correction which knock me to shame. I’m over-zealous for more correction thinking it will better me even more. If you still see forwardness or perversity in my writing, it could be more from the habits of a former boaster and heathen, bare that in mind and try not to look upon me with too much contempt. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: *

Clovis while you need to self evaluate yourself, you need to remember to love yourself too. By that be firm, but not hard on yourself.

Something another former atheist pointed out to me that I had not thought of, was that faith is entirely precious, because of where you come from, Jesus develops a “heart” in you for those, that do not know Him yet.

As you have a good understanding of where they are and where they can be. I bet somedays it almost hurts, I know it does for me. :slight_smile: Just remember we all come from different views, not all of us knew the Lord when we were young. And perhaps if we had we would have drifted away, I dont know.

I will tell you, and I hope it helps, you will likely have a heart for the lost from Christ, and you will get frusterated by leagalize and church politics because it seems so far away from Jesus. All I can offer is try to learn what you need and force yourself not to let the rest of it bother you. Others are in a different spot or situation than you are, its not better just different.

Its all about growing, you are doing fine, just pace yourself, and what I do if something is bothering me is give myself permission to leave it alone until a bit later. Then look at it again, we cant do everything in a week. Remember

*Jhn 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen. *

So there is more than we can learn in this lifetime, in fact I bet it will take eternity :smiley:

Just to clarify, the Sadducees weren’t non-believers in God. They certainly believed in God, they were a priestly class. They did not believe in the ressurrection though.

I would be shocked if you find any contempt herein, my friend.

Remember that we are all made in the image of God, that He loves us, and draws us ever near. Do you recall the parable of the good shepherd? The sheep that ranges furthest may well be the best loved, for the shepherd is willing to walk a long way to return them to the fold.

The Prodigal Son provides comfort as well. If you get the chance, have a look at Rembrandt’s famous painting of the moment the Prodigal Son returns to his father. It has always evoked God’s love for us to my mind in wordless and wonderful ways.

And, if nothing else, it helps to remember where the apostles came from, Paul in particular.

We are all precious to God, whose mercy knows no bounds you or I could conceive of.

God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.