Philippine Apparition Info Needed

My family has just received a beautiful statue of Our Lady holding the baby Jesus. Both are wearing crowns. The person who gave this to us stated that this statue is called “Our Lady of Manawag.” It comes from the Philippines. My wife and I would appreciate any and all information anyone may have regarding this. Thanks very much!

As soon as I wrote this, a little more research on my part led me to “[font=Verdana]Our Lady of Manaoag” not “Our Lady of Manawag.” However, any more info out there would be great![/font]

I have not heard of this one.

There have been 720 unapproved and condemned Marian Apparitions during the 20th Century.

here is a thread on the topic with links to how to discern apparitions.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=72460

Luke

This one seems OK.

Please see This Article for more information.

According to the article, devotion to this image is quite old (from the 1600’s). “The image was canonically crowned by the Papal Nuncio in April 21, 1926,” and devotion continues to this day without Eccleastical opposition.

I would say you’re OK with this one.

[quote=PreVatII]My family has just received a beautiful statue of Our Lady holding the baby Jesus. Both are wearing crowns. The person who gave this to us stated that this statue is called “Our Lady of Manawag.” It comes from the Philippines. My wife and I would appreciate any and all information anyone may have regarding this. Thanks very much!
[/quote]

Hi, I’m a filipino from the philippines, My relatives make a pilgrimage to Our Lady of Manaoag once a year during summer (May)

The “Our Lady of Manaoag” is also called the “Our Lady of the Rosary” here in the Philippines. That’s why a lot of people go to pilgrimages to it

There are a lot of miraculous images of our Lady here in the Philippines. Our Lady of Manoag is just one. We also have the Our Lady of Peñafrancia and Our Lady of Salvation. Both are miraculous and both are canonically crowned.

My family and I would like to thank all who responded so quickly. My wife could not be happier with all this info. Thanks again!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.