Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Says God Spoke to Him on Plane, Told Him to Stop Cussing

The speech of the president of the Philippines, who has become prominent on the world stage because of his outspoken views, has always been laced with obscene words. But he stunned his audience a few days ago after getting off the plane from Japan when he said God spoke to him on the plane and said he must clean up his language. the president was not using figures of speech, but said this actually occurred.
see christiantoday.com/article/philippine.president.rodrigo.duterte.says.god.spoke.to.him.on.plane.told.him.to.stop.cussing/99141.htm

I would think that God would be more worried about Duterte’s wonton killing of people without any sense of proportion, rather than a few cuss words. Mr. Duterte is completely out-of-control if you ask me.

I was thinking the same thing! :eek: is he serious?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.