Philokalia Translation

Hi all,

I’m looking at getting a copy of the philokalia for myself. What would be some recommended translations? Thanks!

Look for the translation by Palmer, Sherrard and Metroplitan Kallistos Ware. It’s in four volumes and you can get all four from Amazon.

Here is volume 1.

I can vouch for that one. I have an Annotated Single-Book Of Selections from The Philokalia. Excellent Translation. :thumbsup:

I have all 4 volumes in English. :thumbsup:

I didn’t realize there was another full translation other than the one that has been mentioned here.

Although I use the term “full” loosely, since they still haven’t published the last volume.

Yes there is just the one translation…all the translators have died with the exception of Metropolitan Kallistos…I believe he is finishing up the last volume and it should be published in the next year or two.

I think I read the bolded part several years ago. :smiley:

But he is a busy man.

I had dinner this past summer with Metropolitan Kallistos and he said a year or two for the final version. The translations are done and the revisions are in the works.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.