Phoenix crop circle may predict end of the world

I admit that I haven’t read much about crop circles, but I think this is the first time I’ve seen this claim made, that a circle is predicting the end of the world. Weird. As far as assigning any real meaning to them, I don’t. I don’t know how they are made and made so quickly and intricately, but I do think they are cool to view.

"Phoenix crop circle may predict end of the world

Crop circle experts believe the latest pattern to be discovered, a phoenix rising from the flames in Wiltshire, may give a warning about the end of the world.

The 400-foot design was discovered in a barley field in Yatesbury near Devizes and depicts the mythical phoenix reborn as it rises from the ashes.

Investigators claim more formations are referencing the possibility of a cataclysmic event occurring on December 21, 2012, which coincides with the end of the ancient Mayan calendar. "…

Entire article here: telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5540634/Phoenix-crop-circle-may-predict-end-of-the-world.html

First it was 1914, then it was 2000, now 2012.

Because so many people are saying 2012, it’s pretty much guaranteed it won’t be. No man knows the day or the hour…Jesus himself said it. It could be before 2012, it could be after.

I’m 50 and I think I’ve been through 3 apocalii already in my lifetime.

I applaude the bored kids who make that art in the fields; It helps remind everyone who the real idiots in town are.

I know some are made with boards and rope, but I wonder how the really big, intricate ones are made so quickly, like this one: telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/5427512/600ft-jellyfish-crop-circle-found-in-Oxfordshire-field.html. I wonder if there is an army of people in the field, some measuring and such, while others are busy laying down the crop. I wonder if they use some type of mechanical device to do such precise work. I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking about it, but I am curious to know how they do it so quickly and perfectly and what tools they employ. In any event, the end results are pretty neat to see.

Over the last 40 years, I’ve seen so many, Nostradamas predicts, God appears in vision and says, psychic predicts, ancient mystery reveals date of… Sells tabloids and now it drives traffic to internet sites.

I hope the crop circle fad ends soon, I’m certainly tired of it.

Peace,
Ed

They are impressive.
That’s what makes a great prank: surrealism. How did they get the dean’s car into his office or the shark in the swimming pool?.

I’m thinking about doing my own “End of all things”

*For it shall come upon us on the ninth day of the ninth month of the year 2009
which is 666 upside down, pretty spooky huh?
And there shall be earthquakes and lightning in the days before and many injuries in the NFL pre-season

It’s just a rough draft.

:smiley: That’s pretty good.

…and verily, the Chicago Cubs shall win the World Series, and then the end shall come. :smiley:

The end would have to come for that since the Cubs winning the World Series would require supernatural intervention. :stuck_out_tongue:

The farmers use a GPS system in their combine to make the corn mazes that so delight the kids in the fall. They make pretty intricate designs.

Pretty cool picture.

We had a “dragon” corn maze at a ranch not far from where we live. You entered the maze and at various points (you got a map when you went in) there were posts with hole punches to check off each section to get to the end, kind of a scavenger hunt. You could climb a tower and see that it was actually in the shape of a dragon!

That’s what this picture reminds me of. I’m a bit disappointed no one thought to make end of the world predictictions on that, I mean, a DRAGON! come on! :smiley:

A combine? Really? Wow. The crop circles must be HUGE then for a combine to be used and to make such intricate designs too. I didn’t realize they were that big. Amazing.

Yes, a dragon would certainly be appropriate for that, wouldn’t it?:smiley:

lol brings back memories of that movie Signs with Mel Gibson. :rolleyes:

I am skeptical also (as one poster said, no one knows the time that the world will end). But, whether or not it happens on such a date as December 12, 2012, there’s not much I can do to stop it, right? Might as well get on with my life. :stuck_out_tongue:

Totally agree! :slight_smile:

Especially if it’s going to happen in September not October.

Being a life long Chicago Bears fan, I had hoped to see them win another super bowl, before I depart this world, so they had better hurry. We have a new quarterback this year, so maybe this is the year. Then I can die in piece.

Considering I’m a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, and they’ve never won a Super Bowl…

:stuck_out_tongue:

Ok…I’m done being off topic. My previous post indicates my thoughts on the end of the world. :smiley:

Well, it may or may not be the end but it can maybe make for some good disaster movies> I am always doubtful of the quality of this guy’s movies, but this one may be prettty exciting for the effects and the theater rumble:

movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810045661/video

Thieve been wrong so many times before, what makes them think this time it will be any different?:shrug:

HickmanJosh

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.