Photo captures image of an 'angel' in Charlotte hospital

Photo captures image of an ‘angel’ in Charlotte hospital

http://media.thestate.com/smedia/2008/12/23/08/33-chelseaangle.embedded.prod_affiliate.74.jpg

I’m glad the kid is ok, but:

“For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of Light” (2 Corinthians 11:13-14)

Furthermore, where in the Bible does it say angels have wings? or that you can just see through them?? Can somebody help me with the verses perhaps?
I remember there was a description of angels in the room with God, but those were not guardian angels; furthermore, they had several wings.
At least according to the holy book, from my point, it’s the work of evil/Satan/etc; not God’s.

Angels are pure spirits so they don’t have “wings” etc. Nor does the scripture verse re:angels of light mean literal angels of light as would appear in this photo. Having said that, this photo is quite easily debunked through discussions of shutter speed, reflected lights, etc etc etc…this is not an “angel” being captured on film.

I know that. But I meant from the point that even if the pic was not a play of light from some other source, or a problem with a cam/equipment/etc.

Being pure spirits, angels don’t look like anything; however, they do have the ability to appear to us in any form they wish. It makes sense to me that a guardian angel would choose to appear in a form that would be recognized as the trational, Western notion of an angel. St. John Bosco’s guardian angel appeared as a big, black dog, that protected him from violence, but was gentle enough to play with the youngest boys at the oratory.

Yes - it is also believed that the star of Bethlehem was also an angel. They can appear in many forms.

If we saw them as they really are, we would be scared silly!

I’ve NEVER heard that one before. My personal opinion is that the Star of Bethlehem was the planet Jupiter rising in the constellation of Aries, which occured around 6 BC. Remember, the Star of Bethlehem wasn’t something EVERYBODY saw that was spectacular, otherwise Herod wouldn’t have had to ask the Wisemen where they were headed as they followed the star…rant over.

Yes, Angels can take many forms…however, my guess is this is reflected light, not angels.

I recall reading that, such is the magnificence of an angel that if we saw one as it really is, we would absolutely believe it was God.

It’s this kind of nonsense that trivializes Christianty and perpetuates it as a running joke to secularists.I don’t need a Mary shaped taco as evidence that God exists.I only have to regard the miracle of my self and your self.

It’s a very interesting optical illusion.

It doesn’t even look like an angel. It’s glare.

It’s just glare.

I don’t think that’s a very convincing photo.

It this is an actual picture of an angel, how come there is no reflection in the freshly polished floor???

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.