Photos that will restore your faith in humanity

I know that these photos are old but I consider them as timeless. Its nice to forget sometimes about all of this negativity that we see and hear in the whole world. No matter how small a good deed is, its enough to alleviate some of life’s sufferings and obstacles.
Enjoy! :slight_smile:

slice.ca/breaktime/photos/35-heartwarming-photos-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity

:slight_smile:

Thank you new atheist.

I also really like these passages -

Matthew 10:8
You received without paying, now give without being paid.

Luke 16:9
9 My disciples, I tell you to use wicked wealth to make friends for yourselves. Then when it is gone, you will be welcomed into an eternal home.

Psalm 118:22
22 The stone that the builders tossed aside has now become the most important stone.

Matthew 25:40
*40 The king will answer, “Whenever you did it for any of my people, no matter how unimportant they seemed, you did it for me. *

Mark 12:41-44
41 Jesus was sitting in the temple near the offering box and watching people put in their gifts. He noticed that many rich people were giving a lot of money. 42 Finally, a poor widow came up and put in two coins that were worth only a few pennies. 43 Jesus told his disciples to gather around him. Then he said: I tell you that this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 44 Everyone else gave what they didn’t need. But she is very poor and gave everything she had

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

“The wise lover regards not so much the gift of Him who loves as the love of Him who gives. He regards the affection of the Giver rather than the value of the gift” - From the book ‘Imitation of Christ’ by Thomas A Kempis

Matthew 6:21
21 Your heart will always be where your treasure is.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

And this one - :slight_smile:

*He who thinks religion is to be practiced seeking only an eternal reward, is mistaken with regard to God.

Surly that man thinks of God as a banker who only looks at the numbers, unaware of the fact that the only valid law for God is love.

He who truly loves will always consider himself in debt, and the last thing in his mind will be that his love be rewarded. This is why Jesus taught us to give alms, trying that our left hand not know what our right hand does because receiving alms is almost always a humiliation, only alleviated by the love with which it is given. That is to say, that the only kind of alms that does not hurt, comes from the one whom fully identifies with the person in need, and shares with him from the much or the little that he has. In this way there is no room for vanity in the one who gives, or humiliation in the one who receives.*

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

Great pics, N-A!

I believe in the goodness of people!

Humans have such a big capacity to care for and help each other, it must have always been so…and the reason we are still here on this earth today.

Thank you!

That made me smile. Thank you for posting :slight_smile:

Those brought a smile to my heart and a year to my eye. Thank you. :blush:

The one of the wee boy sworn in as a policeman made me smile. There’s a little boy in our village, who is making his holy communion on Saturday. He wants to be a Garda when he grows up but has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. The local Gardaí arranged for a uniform to be made for him and brought him on traffic patrol, where the Superintendent sped by. He was stopped and pleaded with Dylan not to ticket him. Hard luck! He got ticketed for speeding AND not wearing a belt! LOL!!! :blush:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.