Physical reaction to the Eucharist

Having only been a member of the Church for a year, I have to ask, does anyone else have a truly physical reaction/craving for the Eucharist? When at Mass as I see the Eucharist being brought forward, I have a physical craving that comes over me. It’s like a drug in a way. My body goes into full shut down mode and all I can think about is receiving the body/blood of Christ. I find it odd that I react that way, but also it reaffirms to me that there is something very powerful about the Eucharist.

Am I the only one who gets like this?

I feel this way. I wouldn't say I "shut down" but, I definitely crave the Eucharist and receiving It is my favorite part of the day. :)

[quote="Laura_Turner, post:1, topic:317953"]
Having only been a member of the Church for a year, I have to ask, does anyone else have a truly physical reaction/craving for the Eucharist? When at Mass as I see the Eucharist being brought forward, I have a physical craving that comes over me. It's like a drug in a way. My body goes into full shut down mode and all I can think about is receiving the body/blood of Christ. I find it odd that I react that way, but also it reaffirms to me that there is something very powerful about the Eucharist.

Am I the only one who gets like this?

[/quote]

If I am truly meditative during Mass and present for Our Lord I find I have a craving, and it is like this joyful anticipation.:)

Yes, I sometimes have that, and sometimes after receiving my heart beats fast and I feel elated. Jesus is wonderful!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.