Physically shot: thanks for prayers for work

I have a repetitive motion-type job. And I work night shift, a bruising combo. Please pray for myself and all others who are struggling physically, mentally, and in any way with challenges; and beg God’s healing and sustaining vigor. May God grant us miracles of healing for hearts and minds, bodies and souls. Thanks be to God for His providence and thank you for your prayers to Him.

Remember, O Most Gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known, that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, our mother. To thee do we come; before thee we stand; sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not our petitions…

…But in thy mercy, hear and answer us. AMEN

Amen.

I’m so glad you now have a JOB, nordskoven.
Unemployment is a HORRIFIC, degrading and frightening experience.
I never want to go through it again.

Your job is grueling on your body.
We’ll all say prayers for you. Ask the LORD to heal you of whatever is troubling you
physically from doing your job. And ask Saint Anthony of Padua, known for his healings, to pray for you to Christ for healing.

My own job, 8 or more hours a day commission-sales, chasing customers
on MARBLE floors, is very, very grueling on my legs and feet.
Since having this job, for the FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE,
I actually have developed major Edema in both legs, below the knee, and in both feet.
My lower legs are twice their normal size from the swelling, ditto for my feet.
Plus, I have red, bloody-looking splotches and streaks on my lower legs
(( my legs above the knees are fine )). This edema does not go away, even after I have
been off for two days straight and resting.
I have never had edema before. It is hideous, and makes it hard to get one’s shoes on
in the morning. Not impossible, but hard. But I am grateful for the employment and would never trade it, to get rid of the edema, for anything in the world.
But the edema is caused, exclusively, 100%, from being on my feet ALL DAY on MARBLE floors. Even with padded and 1-1/2 inch thick rubber sole shoes (which takes the pain away), the edema still occurs.
But, it is part of man’s lot in this fallen world. Some of us have hard jobs.
It’s certainly better than being Unemployed.
A LOT better than living off of welfare.
and a LOT better than turning to nasty little things like bankrobberies and shoplifting
and unpleasantries such as those.

Anybody know how to get edema to go down? (( Elevating my legs doesn’t help )).
I’ve tried Diuretics, to stop the water-retention, but to no avail.

Good luck to you on your new job, nordskoven.
God bless you,
Jaypeeto4

Lord who needed help to carry Your cross to Calvary, please give aid these two persons who are burdened and weary.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.