Pictured: Haunting face crying a river of tears as glacier melts into the sea

At first glimpse it looks like any other glacier you might find in the freezing Arctic wastes of Norway.

But on closer inspection an eerie face is depicted in the melting ice wall that appears to be crying a river of tears.

The forlorn-looking ‘Mother Nature’ figure appeared to locals during a thaw, with the melting ice and snow falling towards the sea below.

The striking image of the Austfonna ice cap, located on Nordaustlandet in the Svalbard archipelago, would seem certain to be heavily used by environmentalists protesting against climate change.

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1210706/Caught-camera-Mother-Nature-cries-river-tears-global-warming-threatens-planet.html#ixzz0Q2bY7ZSV

What a load of garbage from the Gaia cult. It is normal climate cycles. They, and their “high priest” ALGORE, are a dangerous bunch of misanthropes. :mad:

Oh no ice melting in the summer. What should we do? I know lets call it global warming and make lots of money out of it.:thumbsup::rolleyes:

Well, at least this time they didn’t see the Virgin Mary in the scorch mark on a stale grilled-cheese sandwich and then try to sell it on ebay as a sacred relic.

Exactly - and they thought the “Jesus in the tortilla” crowd was kooky.

On another note, at the same time this picture was taken, Mary was busy appearing on a tortilla in Texas.

Anthropomorphizing is still a big deal I guess.

Come to think of it, I’ve seen a rust stain that looks remarkably like Don Rickles.

I checked it out; to me it looks more like the face is throwing up.

Which is what I feel like doing when I read stories like this.

DaveBj

I have beem praying for a miracle…but this is not it!!!

The leaves on my dogwood tree are turning a frightening blood red color!

Oh wait, it’s September, they’re supposed to.

This is all Bush’s fault.

Cry me a river.

How can you tell it’s a dogwood tree?

By its bark?

face of Lassie in the trunk. :slight_smile:

I’m glad its not just religious people who see faces and images in random patterns!

It looks like we’ll see the 2009 Arctic sea ice melt season bottom out in a few days and it won’t be a record setter. Even NSIDC admits this. Here is a magnified graph of the IARC-JAXA AMSRE sea ice extent plot.
wattsupwiththat.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/jaxa_seaice_magnified_090309.png?w=500&h=278
click for source image

Artic temps are running pretty normal:
ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/plots/meanTarchive/meanT_2009.png
DMI Polar Temperature (click to enlarge)

Thanks for that, gilliam. Useful post from you, as usual :thumbsup:

DaveBj

Of course not setting a record for loss of ice area this year means very little. Just a fyi :stuck_out_tongue:

One mans misfortune is another mans opportunity:

youtube.com/watch?v=lLC5q6fAiUw&feature=related

***or you could say God is crying because of the millions of unborn being murdered all over the world… ***

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.