Pictures from Assumption Grotto's Solemn High Mass

Thanks to Summorum Pontificum, Assumption Grotto celebrated a Solemn High Mass at 7:00pm, September 14, 2007.

I have 17 photos at my blog in this post, including the one below.

Explore Diane Korzeniewski

Just beautiful!

Will Grotto still be doing a Latin NO, or just TLM now?

The Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite has indeed replaced the full Latin Novus Ordo at Grotto in the 9:30am timeslot on Sundays, and the pastor announced that the 7:30am Mon-Sat Mass would be in the extraordinary form - I am assuming a low Mass.

That leaves the 4:00pm Saturday, 6:30am and Noon Sunday Masses, as well as 7:00pm weekday Mass as a Novus Ordo, in the vernacular with some Latin. Our vernacular N.O. have carried a limited amount of Latin since Vatican II wanted some retained. Typically this involves the singing of the Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus, and Angus Dei in Latin which the people know well.

This past day has been wonderful. Seeing The Extraordinary form by way of EWTN, and now these pictures — just beautiful.

Whatever parish/locality it is that you live in, I am packing up the family and moving there tomorrow! :slight_smile:

I too watched the Mass on EWTN. I couldn’t be more pleased to see Mother Angelica realizing her dream as she gazed through those grates.

We are only about 612 feet above see level captain, but you are certainly welcome to our neighborhood.

Actually, I get periodic email from people who want to come and experience it - either traveling, or moving into town. It is such a pleasure to finally meet people who have been following the blog and then decided to make Grotto their home.

I’m still in spiritual bliss after last night.

Deo Gratias!

Just looked at your photos and doing so brought tears to my eyes! The beauty of the church and the beauty of the Mass - so many have forgotten that this lifts our hearts and minds to God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.