Pilgramage worthy site in Manhattan, pease!

Could anybody please recommend a place for us to go tomorrow in Manhattan?

We are going to go to St. Patrick’s and the MET, but if there is something in the area where we could go to be uplifted please recommend it with the address!!

The Church of St. John the Baptist is connected to a Capuchin Monastery, and the Church houses relics of St. Padre Pio…

shrine.padrepio.us/padrepioshrine/index.html

If you do go the relics are inside the Church on the right. The prayer garden is quite nice, I used to stop there all the time when I lived in NYC. :slight_smile:

Enjoy the Met. I’m not sure if you’ve been there before, but if you haven’t, you should know that the admission prices they post are suggested, and completely optional. Because they’re run or supported by the government or watever they aren’t allowed to charge a set amount for admission. The adult admission on the sign says something like 12.00 adult and I’m not sure what it says for kids, but if you look at the bottom of the sign it will say suggested. Of course they don’t make it too clear that it is only a suggestion because they would rather you didn’t realize and gave them the 12 bucks. They will ask you how many, just hand them a couple dollars and they will give you the pins and you can go right in! I always felt bad when I lived in the city and saw families of tourists pulling out 50 or so dollars for them and their four children- I even made a point to tell a family in line in front of me once when they were pulling out wads of bills but I think they thought I was jerking their chain or something. The Met is incredibly rich and well funded, don’t waste your money! I used to give a dollar when I went, which was quite often as an art student. :slight_smile: It is the same for the Museum of Natural Science by the way, unless you want to see one of the extra shows like the planetarium movie or some such thing. :thumbsup:

If you’re planning on paying something for your Met admission, get your money’s worth and take the bus way uptown to the Cloisters! There is housed, in of monestaries brought over from Europe stone by stone, the best of the Met’s medieval Church Art collection.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.