Pilgrimage to Hanceville & EWTN

Next Monday thru Thursday I am going on a pilgrimage to the Shrine at Hanceville and to visit EWTN. I’ve never gone there before. I was wondering if any of you have gone there. What was it like? What did you do?, etc. And, is there anything in particular you would recommend I see/do that is maybe a little less known?

Anything else you’d like to share would be great, too.

Thanks.
Scout :tiphat:

Nearby Hanceville in Cullman is the Ave Mario Grotto, which is really interesting. Also, Birmingham has several things worth seeing. If you are from a region without many Eastern Catholic parishes, there are two within just blocks of each other in Birmingham (St. Elias Maronite Catholic Church and St. George Greek Melkite Catholic Church). On a non-religious note, Birmingham also has the excellent Civil Rights Museum downtown, and you could see the 16th Street Baptist Church (where the bombing of the four little girls was). The Birmingham Museum of Art is also downtown, and is outstanding (it is also FREE).

Scout…I see by your location that you’re in central IL…Will you be going to EWTN’s Family Celebration at DeKalb in October also?

I actually hadn’t heard anything about it yet. What is it?

OH WOW!!!

October 4-5 2008 DeKalb Northern IL Univ Family Celebration Days

Father Mitch,Father Groeschel and on and on see info on home page of EWTN.

I can hardly contain my excitement!!!:dancing: :extrahappy: :bounce:

Thanks. I’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.