Pitchfork Top 500 Songs of the Decade

Well, the results are in. B.O.B has been named song of the decade. I think it’s a pretty good choice. There are great tracks scattered throughout the list. Some LCD Soundsystem is too high. I don’t regard Pitchfork as the word of God by any means, but one can’t deny that that do have some influence, especially when it comes to the establishment of new artists. The list isn’t as gimmicky as I thought it might be. Well, I’m moving into a new apartment (great view!), and then I’m going to have a few drinks, and then I’ll be back to check this. I probably shouldn’t have more drinks, but oh well. Let’s discuss.

I thought the list was cool! Personally I expected another Outkast song to be #1, Hey Ya! Still B.O.B. is a great song but I was just a little bit dissapointed that Yeah Yeah Yeah’s song Zero wasn’t on the list. Thanks for the link I’ve already emailed it to people I know.

I’m guessing country music wasn’t selected for the list? If it was, Alan Jackson’s “Where were you (when the world stopped turning)” should have been top-5

M.I.A. “Paper Planes” should have been #1 on that list.

Pitchfork is more “indie-rock” oriented. They don’t really cover country per se, unless it’s alt-country stuff like Wilco or Son Volt. I do like that song “People Are Crazy” by Billy Currington, if that counts: “God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.” Best song lyrics I’ve heard in a long time. (Is the song based on a true story?) I hope someone covers that song.

The “Paper Planes” remix was pretty high up, and yeah that song is pretty great. I was happy to see “Idioteque” so high on the list as well. I’m getting some good music recommendations from going through the middle portions of this list.

While I would definitely have made a different list, I think B.O.B. is a decent choice as it is a good song and more importantly a very influential one.

It was a solid list. LOVED seeing Maps by Yeah Yeah Yeahs in the top 20. AWESOME SONG!

Maps is awesome.

What is Pitchfork? :confused:

I must confess, I don’t think I know any songs from this decade. I have officially joined the Old Fogey Club. :nerd:

Pitchfork is considered by many to be the most important music critique website out there, and for all intents and purposes they are right.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.