Pius XII and the Jews

I am doing a research paper for my english class. I have decided to write a paper that counters the popular belief that Pius XII was Hitler’s Pope and did nothing to aid the Jews. I would apprieciate it if anyone could give me some good sources (internet or print) on this topic. I also need a few sources about the opposing view. This would be very helpful. Thanks to all.

[quote=Andrew_11]I am doing a research paper for my english class. I have decided to write a paper that counters the popular belief that Pius XII was Hitler’s Pope and did nothing to aid the Jews. I would apprieciate it if anyone could give me some good sources (internet or print) on this topic. I also need a few sources about the opposing view. This would be very helpful. Thanks to all.
[/quote]

Sure thing. Go here: catholic.com/library/HOW_Pius_XII_PROTECTED_JEWS.asp

Brad

I did an assignment on Pius XII for my religion class last year. Unfortunately I can’t seem to recall the printed books I used in it. Fortunately there’s plenty of information on the Internet that you can look up.

The Catholic League has plenty of articles on Pius XII, and the Catholic Educator’s Resource has plenty more. I’ll look for my essay and try to find my sources cited. If I do I’ll post them for you.

[quote=Andrew_11]I am doing a research paper for my english class. I have decided to write a paper that counters the popular belief that Pius XII was Hitler’s Pope and did nothing to aid the Jews. I would apprieciate it if anyone could give me some good sources (internet or print) on this topic. I also need a few sources about the opposing view. This would be very helpful. Thanks to all.
[/quote]

Oh man, on EWTN, I think it was father Mitch Pacwa’s show, there was a, uh oh what are they called now :banghead: aw well a Jewish man of the cloth :whacky: I cant remember his name but he wrote a very good book about this subject which gives quotes from Jewish leaders at the time who praise the efforts of our Pope.

Sorry about the brain cramp all.

[quote=Aureole]I did an assignment on Pius XII for my religion class last year. Unfortunately I can’t seem to recall the printed books I used in it. Fortunately there’s plenty of information on the Internet that you can look up.

The Catholic League has plenty of articles on Pius XII, and the Catholic Educator’s Resource has plenty more. I’ll look for my essay and try to find my sources cited. If I do I’ll post them for you.
[/quote]

You are all very kind, but being that Andrew is a book club member, he should probably be doing some of the work himself.

Here’s Wiki’s entry, but be careful because the neutrality of the article is disputed.

[quote=sadie2723]Sure thing. Go here: catholic.com/library/HOW_Pius_XII_PROTECTED_JEWS.asp

Brad
[/quote]

Peace be with you!

Excellent source for an overview. Plus, it lists all of the sources used for that article, so you can find them all yourself. Then you can incorporate more primary sources into it.

I also found a site somewhere (and I don’t remember right now) that had at least part of Rabbi Zolli’s autobiography on it. Do a google search on his name and you should come up with some good stuff.

I’m a senior history major/ English minor, so I write more papers than most people I know. If you want any tips, just send me a message.

In Christ,
Rand

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.