Plan of salvation

Neither Muslim nor Jews or the un-believers are accepting Jesus as lord and savior. How can this people be saved then? How can they see life after death? Is there a special category for them in heaven if they followed strictly according to their doctrines?"

This topic is discussed in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, in the section entitled, “Outside the Church there is no salvation,” paragraphs 846-848. Link.
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation. (CCC 847)

I know of no teaching of “catagories” in heaven…either you make it or you don’t…

Adding on to the post above, the Church does recognize the possibility but also that it is much more difficult for such people. Sort of like trying to learn advanced physics without the proper textbooks and instruction…

The issues become even more complex when we toss in things like culpability, vincible and invincible ignroance, the mercy and justice of God etc…

In the end it is best to a) Live a good Christian life, b) Share the Gospel with others c)
Pray for conversions and then d) Leave it in God’s hands

Peace
James

Todd is right. The question is: Can a Muslim be saved? Yes but not because they practice the Muslim Faith but because they act on the graces God sends them. God makes it possible for all to be saved but it can’t be through no fault of their own. Acts 17: 26-27 says, “And hath made of one, all mankind, to dwell upon the whole face of the earth, determining appointed times and the limits of their habitation.
17:27. That they should seek God, if haply they may feel after him or find him, although he be not far from every one of us.” This means that no matter where you are, God makes it possible for us to find Him. It’s much harder this way but this is the same way a Native in the woods can be saved.

I was hungry and you gave me to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me a drink, in prison and you visited me. When you did it to the least of these, you did it to me.
What is God to do if a non-Christian loves God and loves their neighbor?

I’d consider the story of the Good Samaritan. Also:

**For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. **Rom 2:13

Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Rom13:10

At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love.
St. John of the Cross

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.