Planned Parenthood Argues for the “Right” Not to Tell Your Sex Partner You Have HIV

patterico.com/2010/04/10/planned-parenthood-argues-for-the-right-not-to-tell-your-sex-partner-you-have-hiv/

When I first saw this post, I thought, "Is this a joke?!"

You expect to read this in The Onion!

No great surprise. Those who canoodle with death in one way should surprise no one when they do in another way.

Planned Parenthood Argues for the “Right” Not to Tell Your Sex Partner You Have HIV

If you do that in Canada, we call it aggravated sexual assault. We even make sure our professional athletes are not breaking it (ask Trevis Smith, he got 5.5 years for it).

What the h*ll?! That’s not a right at all! That’s a crime! If I was a lawyer, I would prosecute someone for doing that. That’s withholding vital information that could be necessary for someone’s survival.

I agree people don’t need to say they have HIV to the public, but, they need to disclose that information if they are going to donate blood or enter into a sexual relationship with someone.

Planned Parenthood is unbelievably idiotic.

When I first saw this, I thought it was from "the Onion". Alas, I was wrong.

There are actually people in jail for intentionally infecting others with HIV (as they should be). This is so wrong. All of western society, it seems, has become hyper-sexualized. In the opinion of of the promoters of this, people have no self control, we are just animals. I categorically reject that.

Gay activists have been fighting for that kind of right all along.

Culture of death to the core.

[quote="rpp, post:6, topic:194337"]

[/quote]

Hey! Your stealing my lines! ;)

I find it very difficult to believe that this is actually for real, since it’s on no mainstream news sites and it contains grammar errors (not to mention that it’s completely ludicrous). Is there any link to an official Planned Parenthood site containing this brochure?

Here is a link to the pamphlet:
IPPF: Healthy, Happy and Hot is a guide for
young people living with HIV to help them understand
their sexual rights, and live healthy, fun, happy
and sexually fulfilling lives. The guide aims to give
information on how young people living with HIV can
increase sexual pleasure, take care of their health,
practice safer sex, have children, develop strong
intimate relationships and access support.

pg 5
Young people living with HIV have
the right to decide if, when, and
how to disclose their HIV status
<...>
pg 8
Some countries have laws that say people
living with HIV must tell their sexual
partner(s) about their status before having
sex, even if they use condoms or only
engage in sexual activity with a low risk
of giving HIV to someone else. These laws
violate the rights of people living with HIV
by forcing them to disclose or face the
possibility of criminal charges.
<...>
Get involved in advocacy to change laws that violate your rights. Contact your local
network of people living with HIV.

Unbelievable. :nope:

Prayer. Lots and lots of prayer.

Gertie

...do what the what?!

"It’s all part of a larger “right to sexual pleasure” — no doubt tucked away in one of those penumbras that keep popping up
when leftist judges scrutinize the Constitution."Well yeah, the right to sex has got to be in there somewhere. I’m sure someone will find it soon; they just have to read between the penumbras.

The KKK said “Kill the Blacks” They were thrown down.
The Nazi’s said “Kill the Jews”. They were thrown down.

Planned Parenthood says “Kill the unter-mensch” and they get government money.

[quote="rpp, post:6, topic:194337"]

There are actually people in jail for intentionally infecting others with HIV (as they should be). This is so wrong. All of western society, it seems, has become hyper-sexualized. In the opinion of of the promoters of this, people have no self control, we are just animals. I categorically reject that.

[/quote]

Maybe the Onion should make a story on this just to show them how stupid they are.:shrug:

We all know that Planned Parenthood was started by the patron saint of eugenics, Margaret Sanger, and that her goal was to get rid of “undesirables.” We also know that the HIV rate is extremely high in the African American community:

“While blacks represent approximately 12 percent of the U.S. population, they continue to account for a higher proportion of cases at all stages of HIV/AIDS—from infection with HIV to death with AIDS—compared with members of other races and ethnicities . . .Blacks accounted for 51% of the 42, 655 (including children) new HIV/AIDS diagnoses in 34 states with long-term, confidential name-based HIV reporting”

cdc.gov/hiv/topics/aa/resources/factsheets/aa.htm

Hmmmmm - do you think there could be a connection?

Here are my thoughts:

Donor Beware: The Case of Planned Parenthood
By
Professor Daniel R. Kempton

Sycamore, Illinois

(Submitted to the Rockford Register Star, on 12 April 2010)

Some of my friends and colleagues are surprised when I refuse to contribute money to charities or shop at stores that donate money to Planned Parenthood. Why they ask, would you oppose an organization that has helped hundreds of thousand of underage parents deal with unwanted pregnancies? My basic answer is that my church, the Catholic Church, has always taught that life is sacred. Because there is no other clear scientific point at which life begins, it concludes life begins with conception. It thus teaches, and I believe, purposely ending a life after conception is killing. You may disagree, but if you believed as I do, wouldn’t you feel it a moral necessity to prevent you shopping dollars, your donations, and even your tax dollars from being used to support such killing? (That is why I ultimately opposed the recent health care bill. Calling the killing of the unborn, health care, as Secretary Clinton recently did, is beyond Orwellian). If you believe some act is morally reprehensible, certainly I do not want to force you to financially support that act. Please don’t force me.

Planned Parenthood was a major advocate of the legalization of abortion in 1973 (it has never been safe), continues to advocate for the expansion of access to abortion, as well as government funding of abortion, and is the largest provider of abortions in the US. It also opposes legislation, such as parental notification laws, which even many pro-choice supporters find reasonable restrictions. More than any other organization, its actions have resulted in the killing of nearly 50 million American babies through abortion.

Now I have another reason for opposing Planned Parenthood. Recently I ran across a blog, Patterico’s Pontifications, that claimed the International Planned Parenthood Federation was advocating the rights of those infected with HIV not to tell their sexual partners about their status. Thinking this a wild exaggeration, I tracked down the pamphlet.
ippf.org/NR/rdonlyres/B4462DDE-487D-4194-B0E0-193A04095819/0/HappyHealthyHot.pdf

To my surprise, on page 6 it clearly stated:
Some countries have laws that say people living with HIV must tell their sexual partner(s) about their status before having sex, even if they use condoms or only engage in sexual activity with a low risk of giving HIV to someone else. These laws violate the rights of people living with HIV by forcing them to disclose or face the possibility of criminal charges.

While I already knew that Planned Parenthood held the right to life in low regard, little could I have imagined that it believed the right to sexual pleasure would trump the right to life. But how else can this be interpreted? Since there is no hundred percent effective method of preventing HIV transmission during intercourse, my choice to disclose or not trumps the risk to the life of another. As the pamphlet explains having to disclose to a partner my HIV status should be my choice, and disclosing may risk my enjoyment or even ruining my relationship. Maybe you agree with the logic, but if not, I would encourage you to find worthier causes for your charitable donations? Even if you agree with the IPPF’s logic, I would urge you to go read the linked document to better understand what your donations are supporting.

[quote="gilliam, post:1, topic:194337"]
patterico.com/2010/04/10/planned-parenthood-argues-for-the-right-not-to-tell-your-sex-partner-you-have-hiv/

[/quote]

I support planned parenthood but this is wrong!

[quote="emilyt67, post:18, topic:194337"]
I support planned parenthood but this is wrong!

[/quote]

Since this is completely consistent with everything they do, why support them at all? I mean it has been repeatedly demonstrated that they protect child molesters and rapists by not reporting underage pregnancies when the mother says the father is of age.

Furthermore, they focus their abortion clinics is black and Hispanic neighborhoods, which continues to promote their founders profound racism. Clearly their principal focus is to kill non-Whites. Margaret Sanger, the founder of PP, was greatly respected by Hitler because of who her target were. PP has not altered its mission.

Planned Parenthood is altogether evil. As a supporter, one should consider that.

[quote="curlycool89, post:4, topic:194337"]
If you do that in Canada, we call it aggravated sexual assault. We even make sure our professional athletes are not breaking it (ask Trevis Smith, he got 5.5 years for it).

[/quote]

Actually at least one man has been convicted of murder in Canada because the victims died;

TORONTO -- An HIV-positive Hamilton man has become the first person in Canada to be convicted of murder for spreading the virus that causes AIDS.
A jury of nine men and three women deliberated for 2 1/2 days before finding Johnson Aziga guilty Saturday on two counts of first-degree murder and 10 of the 11 counts of aggravated sexual assault that he faced.

Aziga, 52, was found guilty of attempted aggravated sexual assault in the case of one of his former partners.

"It's certainly precedent-setting here in Canada because we now have a conviction for first-degree murder involving HIV transmission," Crown attorney Karen Shea said after the verdict came down.

The Crown said Aziga endangered the lives of 11 women by having unprotected sex with them and failing to disclose he had HIV.

Seven of the women tested positive for HIV and two died of AIDS-related cancers, the jury heard. The four other women tested negative.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.