Planned Parenthood Conducts Birth Control Clinical Trials on Underage Girls

With your tax dollars folks!

Planned Parenthood Conducts Birth Control Clinical Trials on Underage Girls

Twenty-eight Planned Parenthood affiliates have been involved in 33 clinical trials - some government funded - 10 of which involved young girls.

WASHINGTON, D.C. (LifeSiteNews.com) - American Life League has released a recent survey that reveals that at least 10 Planned Parenthood clinical trials have been conducted on underage girls as young as 13.

According to ALL’s findings, twenty-eight Planned Parenthood affiliates have been involved in 33 clinical trials - some government funded - and 10 of which involved young girls.

Jim Sedlak, vice president of American Life League, conducted the review.

more…

Well, if a medication or other medical intervention is used in children, you NEED clinical trials with children to see what it’s risks and benefits are.

Many, many, medications are used in children that were tested only on adults. It’s a very serious problem that is only just starting to be addressed.

And, it may just turn out that the researchers in these studies find serious side effects of birth control pills in young girls that aren’t seen in adults. That would be a good thing to know, wouldn’t it?

And many young girls, even some of those who are patients of Planned Parenthood, take birth control pills for reasons other than contraception.

I didn’t see if the article stated whether the parents of these girls gave consent to the trial. That, of course, is a different issue.

Now, I’m not a fan of Planned Parenthood, and I believe what the Church teaches about life issues and contraceptives, but I don’t have a problem with doctors studying the effects of the medications they are prescribing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.