Planned Parenthood distributes sexually explicit brochures at Girl Scout meeting [CNA]

New York City, N.Y., Mar 14, 2010 / 05:47 pm (CNA).- Early this week, the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts hosted a panel in which Planned Parenthood was allowed to distribute brochures containing sexually explicit material to the young girls. The panel served as part of the annual U.N. Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).

According to the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute (C-FAM), the brochures titled, “Happy, Healthy and Hot,” are aimed at young people with HIV and give graphic details on sex, encouraging a casual approach to sexual experimentation. The brightly colored pamphlets feature silhouettes of young people and state, “Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse… But, there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!”

Full article...

C-Fam has a strange idea of sexually explicit.

Here is a link to the brochure:
ippf.org/NR/rdonlyres/B4462DDE-487D-4194-B0E0-193A04095819/0/HappyHealthyHot.pdf

I am careful about posting links which might offend moral sensitivities. There is nothing sexually explicit in the brochure. There are no photos. Medical terms are used throughout. And sexual practices are not described.

However, Catholics will take exception to the statement that masturbation is okay and a page stating contraception and abortion are okay. Medically accurate terms are used throughout.

The comment about “many different ways to have sex”, simply says that touching and cuddling are sexual too. Its not all about intercourse. I think that is a very positive thing to reinforce with girls, since guys often have the other idea. And its all the more important since the target audience of the brochure is girls who have HIV/AIDS. Sexual intercourse is probably something they want to avoid.

BTW, there were a total of six girls in this meeting. I don’t know their ages, but they don’t look very young. You can see their photo here:
wagggsworld.org/en/CSW54

. . . as well as sucking, and licking, and being aggressive, and talking dirty, and stimulating the prostrate. . .

**res ipsa loquitur, **Dale!

VC

The lack of photos does not make this brochure not graphic. The text was graphic and explicit in the details. And the thinking behind all this is that "anything goes" sexually, there are no rules, as the brochure says "explore, have fun, be yourself." Thank you but that is how we got HIV in the first place, promiscuos, no rules, no holds barred sexual exploits.

The contents of this brochure and the activities and programs of PP/IPPF are contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church on human sexuality. The relationship between GS/WAGGGS is appalling to me both as a Catholic and as a GS leader and mother of a GS. Why in the world is GS involved with organizations that promote abortion, sexual promiscuity and have targeted children as young as 5 years old for sex ed. They call them "sexual beings". I thought they were called children. I am 46 years old and I am not a sexual being. It is sick.

The issue for Catholic parents is, or should be, does Girl Scouting support the teachings of the Church and therefore the values of your family.? If not then it is time to evaluate whether you should be involved in the program. We will not be involved in GS any longer. You cannot separate your troop and the policies and philosophies of the parent organization. If you are in GS you are supporting and aligning yourself with the aims of the organization and the organizations that they work with, PP/IPPF.

Some folks think this is no big deal. It is a big deal and the fact that many don't think so is proof of how insidious and deep the lie is.

God bless.

I forgot restraint is looked down upon these days. The sex driven industry continues unabated.

Happy, Healthy and Hotis a guide for
young people living with HIV to help them understand
their sexual rights, and live healthy, fun, happy
and sexually fulfilling lives. The guide aims to give
information on how young people living with HIV can
increase sexual pleasure, take care of their health,
practice safer sex, have children, develop strong
intimate relationships and access support.

Frankly I am amazed that so few people have commented on this. I just found the article (ok granted the regular news wouldn’t cover such a story, but now that it is here, where is everyone?

We should be very concerned that such a thing has happened at the United Nations! What was that quote about evil flourishing when good men do nothing?

Somedays it’s a bit overwhelming, the advancement of evil in our times. I know Good will win, but so many souls lose along the way!

Thank you for posting this. Maybe it will get noticed.

[quote="Annc, post:4, topic:190633"]
The lack of photos does not make this brochure not graphic. The text was graphic and explicit in the details. And the thinking behind all this is that "anything goes" sexually, there are no rules, as the brochure says "explore, have fun, be yourself." Thank you but that is how we got HIV in the first place, promiscuos, no rules, no holds barred sexual exploits.

The contents of this brochure and the activities and programs of PP/IPPF are contrary to the teachings of the Catholic Church on human sexuality. The relationship between GS/WAGGGS is appalling to me both as a Catholic and as a GS leader and mother of a GS. Why in the world is GS involved with organizations that promote abortion, sexual promiscuity and have targeted children as young as 5 years old for sex ed. They call them "sexual beings". I thought they were called children. I am 46 years old and I am not a sexual being. It is sick.

The issue for Catholic parents is, or should be, does Girl Scouting support the teachings of the Church and therefore the values of your family.? If not then it is time to evaluate whether you should be involved in the program. We will not be involved in GS any longer. You cannot separate your troop and the policies and philosophies of the parent organization. If you are in GS you are supporting and aligning yourself with the aims of the organization and the organizations that they work with, PP/IPPF.

Some folks think this is no big deal. It is a big deal and the fact that many don't think so is proof of how insidious and deep the lie is.

God bless.

[/quote]

Interesting that you bring this up - this is something that, as a GS of more than 25 years, now-inactive leader, and mother of a girl who is Daisy age, I have been struggling with. When I proposed a troop to my Catholic homeschooling group, it actually raised some divisions for and against GS due to some (much more innocuous than this) unsavory associations in articles from 2008-ish. A radical feminist speaker at a luncheon or something, I believe. This is not the Girl Scouts I know and love, for sure! Growing up, my troops were all Catholic, most students at Catholic schools, and we certainly never had any program that went against our beliefs. GS is very flexible in terms of program, and nothing is "forced" on any individuals or groups. As one friend pointed out, "if we pull our lights out of every place, the world will be left in darkness." At the same time, as individuals/groups/troops, we do ascribe to "Girl Scout" ideals. At what point is GS just mixing causes, and at what point are some of these things GS ideals? Therein lies the rub...

I have to say, this latest really has made me pause and question whether I want my girls to be part of GS, or to stick with something like Little Flowers (eccehomopress.com/Little-Flowers-Home.html) - love that program, but it doesn't have the long history merit and wide recognition that GS does, leaving aside my own personal history. GS was extremely valuable to me growing up, a source of stability in an otherwise unstable life and a place to build confidence when my school social life was in a shambles, among other things. It is very hard to consider letting go. I want to do the right thing, but at the moment I am struggling with what the right thing is. That's one of the reasons I sought out this thread. Unfortunately, I am no further into clarification than I was, because I feel that everything I've read so far is an opinon on something with no objective answer (not that I'm trying to disrespect anyone's opinions). If anyone has any additional resources or input, I'm listening...

God Bless,

Ellen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.