Planned Parenthood Does Not Offer Mammograms

Planned Parenthood portrays itself as a provider of women’s health services, including mammograms. However, Live Action, a pro-life group (of which I am a member) contacted 30 PP clinics and not one offers mammograms. What are they offering? Abortions, of course!!

"A series of new undercover phone calls reveals that contrary to the claims of Planned Parenthood CEO Cecile Richards and other supporters of the nation’s largest abortion chain, the organization does not provide mammograms for women.

"In the tapes, a Live Action actor calls 30 Planned Parenthood clinics in 27 different states, inquiring about mammograms at Planned Parenthood. Every Planned Parenthood, without exception, tells her she will have to go elsewhere for a mammogram, and many clinics admit that no Planned Parenthood clinics provide this breast cancer screening procedure. “We don’t provide those services whatsoever,” admits a staffer at Planned Parenthood of Arizona. Planned Parenthood’s Comprehensive Health Center clinic in Overland Park, KS explains to the caller, “We actually don’t have a, um, mammogram machine, at our clinics.”

For the full story, please click on the following link:

liveaction.org/blog/planned-p…claim-exposed/

[bolding and underlining added for emphasis]

PP has thrown up a smokescreen, changed the subject, portrayed itself as a necessity in the U.S. because it provides women’s health care. The truth is that PP is in the business of performing abortions. PP was founded by Margaret Sanger, a bigot and racist who wanted to wipe out blacks and Catholics. Hitler considered her to be one of his heroes.

PP needs to be stopped. Unfortunately it has the support of our representatives and President Obama. I urge everyone to join Live Action, as I have.

This is about murdering the most innocent of God’s precious lambs - our unborn children.

PP is not a Catholic org so this is not Catholic news
why don’t you piggyback on the already overly long, overly dramatic, and magnificently off-topic current discussion on World News

Wow. What an uncharitable post. :tsktsk: Insults OPs and other posters in two threads at one time - you killed two birds with one stone. That’s pretty good. I’m surprised and disappointed.

If you have a problem with where this post has been placed, please contact the moderator. I will be happy to move it or the moderator can move it.

But, IMHO, this is Catholic news as every Catholic should be aware of it. But it is not world news, as PP is a U.S. organization, as far as I know. And that is why I placed it here.

plannedparenthood.org/about-us/newsroom/local-press-releases/planned-parenthood-arizona-offers-free-breast-cancer-screening-arizona-women-572009-26895.htm

There is an example of Planned Parenthood offering mammograms. The title of the thread has been demonstrated to be false. Will you persist in error?

Um, that was a one-day event in 2009. It’s now 2011, almost two years later. The title of the thread uses the present tense, not the past. You have not demonstrated the title to be false. :shrug:

What the???

I know. Go figure…

I would like you to know that although I provided a link to the original story I found out about it from the following link:

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=9801

As you can see, this is a Catholic organization. So this is Catholic news.

Quoted from Stavros, a Catholic member on this forum:

[quote=Stavros]When I was single (and not Catholic), I found a lump in my breast. I went there for my annual female exam and for birth control pills to help painful menstruation, and I brought up the lump I found. Due to my income level they arranged for me to have a mammogram done for free, and eventually I found out the lump was benign, just a fiberous mass and not cancer related.

However, while I was in the lobby, a woman was there to pick up Plan B, which at the time was prescription only.

I’m not saying that what they do is right - I was there for a pill prescription after all, even if it wasn’t for contraceptive reasons - but I am saying that they do make arrangements for women to get health care that they cannot afford on occasion.
[/quote]

Breitbart Is Wrong: Texas Planned Parenthood Clinics DO Offer Mammograms

mediamatters.org/research/201103310031

So, money is funneled through Planned Parenthood to provide mammograms at other places.

They do not offer them themselves but pay for them at other places.

Hard to say - do they or don’t they provide mammograms? And why does the answer matter?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.