Planned Parenthood Launches Campaign Against Pope Benedict Xvi

PLANNED PARENTHOOD LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN AGAINST POPE BENEDICT XVI

New York, May. 04, 2005 ( CNA ) - Planed Parenthood has launched a campaign to motivate all of its members and supporters, nominal Catholics and non-Catholics, to send letters to the editor, requesting that Pope Benedict XVI reconsider his “backward views” and change his opinion on sexual morality.

Pope Benedict XVI must be encouraged to “reconsider his dangerously outdated stances on birth control, abortion and sexuality in order to help move the Catholic Church into the 21st century,” reads a memo issued by campaign manager Eve Fox.

“The new Pope’s positions on these crucial issues pose a terrible danger to the health of millions of women and girls around the world and undermines efforts to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS,” Fox wrote.

more…

Notice the language - nominal Catholics - aka cafeteria Catholics

They are free to do that. It won’t work, however.

[quote=Richardols]They are free to do that. It won’t work, however.
[/quote]

You didn’t get the memo? Planned Parenthood is the current supreme negotiator of morality in the 21st century.

Next time I guess the conclave should just pre-screen all potential candidates through Planned Parenthood, to determine their acceptability.

[quote=Scott_Lafrance]Planned Parenthood is the current supreme negotiator of morality in the 21st century.
[/quote]

You can rate them as highly as you like. I still stick to my opinion that its efforts won’t work.

[quote=buffalo]PLANNED PARENTHOOD LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN AGAINST POPE BENEDICT XVI

“The new Pope’s positions on these crucial issues pose a terrible danger to the health of millions of women and girls around the world and undermines efforts to prevent the spread of HIV/AIDS,” Fox wrote.

more…

[/quote]

No the Catholic Church’s positions WOULD prevent the spread of AIDS. The “put on a condom and hope” method does not. Who do they think they are fooling?

Lisa N

[quote=JimG]Next time I guess the conclave should just pre-screen all potential candidates through Planned Parenthood, to determine their acceptability.
[/quote]

That’s pretty much what liberals in the Senate do, when they ask nominees about their religious views – thereby creating a religious test which violates the Constitution, by the way.

[quote=Lisa N]No the Catholic Church’s positions WOULD prevent the spread of AIDS. The “put on a condom and hope” method does not. Who do they think they are fooling?

[/quote]

“Put on a condom and hope”… that’s well put. I would add that relying on condoms is like playing Russian roulette. The supposed 18% failure rate is pretty much like having a revolver with one bullet.

I’m really sick of hearing all of this from different commentators… do they really expect the Church to say “Don’t have sex outside of marriage… but if you do, it’s ok to use a condom.” The church says we’re called to be holy, to be perfect. It doesn’t give us instructions for how to sin without hurting ourselves. And it doesn’t change the definition of what sin is to suit the times.

It seems so simple to me - abstinence outside of marriage is foolproof, albeit difficult sometimes. But from what I’ve heard, “correct” use of condoms isn’t as easy as it sounds… they think they can educate people about how to use condoms, and get people to do it 100% of the time, and yet they think that abstinence is too hard? It really is an insult to the human spirit, as if we are merely animals who can not possibly control our behaviors (beyond pulling out a condom, of course). Our own sexual practices in the US went from traditional morality to quite libertine in the course of one generation; who’s to say that it can’t go in the other direction just as fast, with the proper influence?

It would be nice if the US Catholic Bishops would launch a campaign against Planned Parenthood. We could start with adoration chapels across from every clinic. In fact, I’m amazed that this is not already in place. To me, it demonstrates one of two things:

1. We don’t believe Jesus is REALLY present.

OR

1. We’re too scared to be seen with Him.

Perhaps next the will send letters to God to have the laws of physics changed as well :whistle:

cheers

[quote=vern humphrey]That’s pretty much what liberals in the Senate do, when they ask nominees about their religious views – thereby creating a religious test which violates the Constitution, by the way.
[/quote]

More than 200, over 95%, of Pres. Bush’s nominees have been confirmed by the Senate without Democratic opposition. So much for liberal obstructionism.

[quote=Brad] We could start with adoration chapels across from every clinic.
[/quote]

Abortionists rarely, if ever, set up shop across the street from Catholic churches. This idea won’t work.

[quote=JimG]Next time I guess the conclave should just pre-screen all potential candidates through Planned Parenthood, to determine their acceptability.
[/quote]

:rotfl: You can be sure if they do not accept them then the Church has made the right “choice”:stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=Bobby Jim] … I’m really sick of hearing all of this from different commentators… do they really expect the Church to say “Don’t have sex outside of marriage… but if you do, it’s ok to use a condom.” The church says we’re called to be holy, to be perfect. …
[/quote]

I think the problem is that people don’t really understand the fullness of the truth regarding the Church’s position on no marital relations outside Marriage.

We have not been strong enough in defending the teaching that the Body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. I believe our culture has an extremely difficult time with this because the Protestants have for the most part given up the thought of Mary being Forever a Virgin.

If you can’t understand that absolute requirement that the Tabernacle which held the actual Body of Christ is sacred and CANNOT be desecrated by relations, then how can you be expected to recognize the holiness of a simple fallible human being who is also the temple of the Holy Spirit, although not necessarily consecrated to God in the same way Mary was?

Our bodies are sacred and we need to return to the day when it was understood and accepted that relations were a sacred act whereby we join God as he has given us the opportunity to co-create life, to bring new souls into the world.

Seperating out a single act as merely a sport is the worst desecration our society has imposed upon the innocent youth.

Shame on Planned Parenthood for their unwillingness to truly protect the young, the innocent, the women and the babies.

CARose

[quote=Richardols]More than 200, over 95%, of Pres. Bush’s nominees have been confirmed by the Senate without Democratic opposition. So much for liberal obstructionism.
[/quote]

a bald faced lie. Or better yet, since I believe you are an honerable man, you unknowingly pass on falsehoods.

[quote=Richardols]More than 200, over 95%, of Pres. Bush’s nominees have been confirmed by the Senate without Democratic opposition. So much for liberal obstructionism.
[/quote]

Are you saying that nominees to both judgeships AND cabinet offices have NOT been questioned in the Senate about their religion?

To: Mr. Benedict XVI

Dear Mr. Benedict,

It has come to the attention, that your management style for the Church you are currently president of, does not conform to our guidelines for enlighted organization leaders. Constant reference to the instructions of one Mr. J. Christ, or the writings from a book published approximately 2000 years ago (I AM WHO AM Publishers) , does not release you from your responsiblity to follow OUR guidelines.

As such, we expect you to do the following:

1. Issue a memo permitting the use of any kind abortificant or birth control device by any member for any reason. Humans do not have life until we say they do. There are too many people already, and you are ruining the fun for those that already born.
  2. Realize that disease is a result of lack of protection, not a result of a lack of self control. Remember we are no better than animals.
  3. Delete all passages from this book you refer to as the “Word of God”, that condemn any kind of so called “perverse” sexual activity. Your views are backwards and not in line with current “enlightened” thought. This hate speech in written form will no longer be tolerated.
  4. As your hiring policies are inherently sexist, you are instructed to begin an affirmative action program that will ensure a 50% female content in the priesthood (priestesshood).
  5. Implement a sensitivity program to help change the mindset of your management team to reflect a more modern line of thinking.

Failure to implement any of these changes will result in a lawsuit. You will be contacted by our lawyer, Mr. Lou C. Furr, to ensure compliance.

Yours Truly,

Planned Parenthood

[quote=buffalo]PLANNED PARENTHOOD LAUNCHES CAMPAIGN AGAINST POPE BENEDICT XVI

New York, May. 04, 2005 ( CNA ) - Planed Parenthood has launched a campaign to motivate all of its members and supporters, nominal Catholics and non-Catholics, to send letters to the editor, requesting that Pope Benedict XVI reconsider his “backward views” and change his opinion on sexual morality.

Pope Benedict XVI must be encouraged to “reconsider his dangerously outdated stances on birth control, abortion and sexuality in order to help move the Catholic Church into the 21st century,” reads a memo issued by campaign manager Eve Fox.

more…

[/quote]

They forgot to add that PP would be put out of business (contraception and abortion) should people listen to the Pope

[quote=jlw]a bald faced lie. Or better yet, since I believe you are an honerable man, you unknowingly pass on falsehoods.
[/quote]

What I wrong about? The number, the percentage, or the opposition?

Perhaps I should have said “without enough opposition to prevent confirmation.” Is that it?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.