Planned Parenthood ok 13 years to have sex

foxnews.com/us/2014/12/10/parents-angry-after-school-tells-13-year-olds-can-have-sex-choose-gender/

Can’t those that are married to their party see that the left will pick and pick at the moral boundries until evils become acceptable?

I have to laugh at this. I can tell you from experience that 13 year olds already know they can have sex. Their bodies are capable of the act. It’s a matter of just because you could doesn’t mean you should. And that is something that their parents should have been discussing with them over a period of years long before they became capable of the act.

Obviously, some parents are going to be upset because of their religious beliefs. Other parents aren’t going to be upset because they take a more secular view and have no problem with pre-marital sex provided the participants consent and “use protection”.

I have no problem with the 'Are you ready?" worksheet or the consent paper. It’s important for teens to know of the possible consequences of sex and to know what is and is not consent to sex. But, again, this is something the parents should have been talking about over a period of time before the kid got to high school.

It’s one of those things that I think parents drop the ball on. They don’t want to talk about the mechanics of sex, ABC, pregnancy, and items related to sex such as lubricants because they don’t want their children “knowing too much” or being tempted. What they don’t realize is that A) knowing too little is as dangerous as knowing too much and B) they’re going to be tempted and need the tools to deal with temptation and make good decisions.

Parents can view the material before the sex ed class and they have to sign a form consenting to the class or opting out. If the parents aren’t willing to do their job as parents and then decide to let the school handle it instead of opting out I don’t think they have the right to complain about how the school does it.

Of COARSE PP would endorse and in fact encourage intercourse as early as thirteen.
They know that kids at that age are impulsive,don’t have the mental maturity to control a lot of their behaviors and decisions.This all bodes well for PP in their ever present quest to kill as many babies in the womb as is humanly possible! :mad:

I think the answer to “are you ready” for sex for any 13 year old is “No”. Doesn’t matter that their bodies are physically capable of performing the act; it’s not something that should be open for debate.

I totally agree with all of this.

I am wondering if those “laughing” at the post have read the entire link?

I agree!

Except that these parents claim they were lied to (by way of a misleading consent form.)

We’re not just talking about are you ready for sex in the sense of physically or emotionally*) but it seems like they are using ready as in preparedness, implying that physically and emotionally they are, in fact, ready, and it’s just a matter of having the right accessories and knowing 10 ways to get it done. And that’s wrong.

Yes, I agree that parents should play a role in this education. It’s embarassing for many, both parents and their kids, so I understand if a third party might help with this. However, PPs approach is 100% propaganda based on their agenda and not on what is best for children.

Yes. I knew my “gender identity” when I was 13. I knew that I was capable of having sex and that I, since I had a period, knew that I could possibly become pregnant, even if I took birth control/used condoms.
I knew that if I told a boy no, that he was supposed to stop, etc. I didn’t and don’t know about lubricants. Girlfriends think it’s odd that I don’t use them. :shrug:

My mom covered these things and when I took health in the 7th grade, I already knew most of what was taught. The only thing that I can remember was shocking was seeing the pictures of people with STDs. Mom let me know I could get diseases, she didn’t show me what it would look like.

I believe in being totally honest with children. I don’t believe that sex Ed should be, “don’t have sex, if you do, you will die.” Or that masterbating will “make you go blind” and all the other BS that people feed kids because they don’t want them to do it.

The answer to “Are you ready to have sex?” at age 13 is “of course you’re not ready to have sex!”
Are you ready to be a mother, or a father? Are you able to support a family? Are you ready to go to work to support your child? Or are you willing to kill your child?

Maybe PP left out some things.

At some point sex education changed. Rather than being sex education, it became ‘how to have sex and like it!’ education.

The kind of sex-ed generally taught is an extreme disservice. It proposes this myth of “safe” sex, and the whole approach is wrong-headed and negative.

To quote Gloria Polo’s testimony “abortion is a holocaust sacrifice to Satan”.

Furthermore, any parent thinking that abortion activists, which PP is, would always be careful to have parental consent regarding teenage girls is naive to say the least.

It’s one of those things that I think parents drop the ball on. They don’t want to talk about the mechanics of sex, ABC, pregnancy, and items related to sex such as lubricants because they don’t want their children “knowing too much” or being tempted. What they don’t realize is that A) knowing too little is as dangerous as knowing too much and B) they’re going to be tempted and need the tools to deal with temptation and make good decisions.

I agree with this part. Parents cannot be afraid of talking about sex with their kids. It’s too pervasive in the culture, and with more knowledge, they’ll be able to counter evil. I think the sexual sins and their advocates lose some their of power when the “shock and awe” of something really out there is diminished.

I believe in being totally honest with children. I don’t believe that sex Ed should be, “don’t have sex, if you do, you will die.” Or that masterbating will “make you go blind” and all the other BS that people feed kids because they don’t want them to do it.

I would agree. It’s adult matter. Don’t treat the teenage kids like they are wide-eyed six year olds who believe in Santa.

Yep, and it needs to go into all the realistic consequences of sex. As well as the lies folks will use to convince them they’re ready when they’re really not, like “It’s ok because girls mature faster than boys” or “You’re really mature for your age” - the stuff folks use to take advantage of teens and get them to do things they really are not ready for.

My vision was clear until I hit puberty. Since then I’ve been practically blind without glasses. So perhaps there is some truth to the old saying.

It’s a marketing ploy.The sooner they have sex the more abortions PP can sell them

I agree with you; folks stop blaming liberals and any other groups for your short comings.

Parents need to start at the beginning and be a vocal influence in their kids lives. If your beliefs are based on your faith, make certain that your children are receiving faith base teaching. Hence, the moral wrongs in selecting to willfully terminate a pregnancy is something that you do not have to wait until they come out of Sex Ed class before discussing. Sadly, warning signs of a sexual predator is something that they should be aware and ready to avoid from an early age.

Besides, especially when it comes to kids of High School ages, you need to be aware of their friends, content of what they view on the Internet and the dialog amount friends on social media. Hopefully, you review them because young people will post very racy images and comments.

Many kids by the age of 13 are comfortable watching adult content in their own home (HBO, Adult directed comedy, etc.), often with your blessing. The ones that are more naïve are likely being educated by their more worldly friends or worse, being teased which will only raise their curiosity in the wrong manner.

But there’s a difference between telling kids this kind of stuff and explaining to them the real reasons why 13 year olds shouldn’t engage in sexual relations - fear of pregnancy, STDs, emotional immaturity, etc… That’s total honesty; not asking them “are you ready for sex”.

I remember the times when PP was offering a special on abortions during Christmas to try to get girls to come in for one on that day. They are ruthless.

:eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.