Planned Parenthood senior official caught discussing business in fetal organs [CWN]

An undercover investigation by the Center for Medical Progress has captured video footage of a top Planned Parenthood official discussing the organization’s business in the sale of organs …

More…

Everyone, here is the same story that was posted earlier.

The Uniform Anatomical Gift Act (UAGA or the Act) was passed in the US in 1968 and has since been revised in 1987 and in 2006. The Act sets a regulatory framework for the donation of organs, tissues, and other human body parts in the US. The UAGA helps regulate body donations to science, medicine, and education. The Act has been consulted in discussions about abortion , fetal tissue transplants , and Body Worlds , an anatomy exhibition. The 1968 UAGA set a legislative precedent for the donation of fetal organs and tissues and has been in the background of many debates regarding abortion and fetal tissue research.

If the mother of the aborted baby gives permission I believe it is legal to donate bodies for research. I am sure they are intelligent enough to be able to skirt the legal issues. $30-$100 could merely be categorized as administrative or procurement fees.

It sounds horribly unethical and disgusting and is a BIG business I am sure. The sad part is though these aborted babies are human beings they are NOT legally considered persons with any inherent rights.

Moderators,maybe merge the two threads?

This is just so sad for a variety of reasons, the first and foremost of which is the intentional killing of an unborn child. Prayers for all those involved in this (for the repose of the soul of the children, for the mothers - that they may have a conversion of heart, repent, heal, and be able to forgive themselves; and for the doctors/others involved that they may have a conversion of heart, repent and remove themselves from these evil practices and are able to move on from this (i.e. leave abortion ‘business’ altogether).

As a side note, I don’t know why but either that first thread was removed, or for some reason - maybe as I’m just not one who posts that often - I cannot see the original thread now.

People who will kill babies certainly would have no problems selling for profit the bodies of their murder victims.

According to the revised uniform anatomical gift act.which was created primarily to facilitate organ donation, aborted fetuses may be donated for research.

I did not see anything in the video where she was outright selling parts.She said that providers have patients who wish to donate tissue.

This is disgusting beyond measure but believe me they probably have lawyers analyzing this. She at one point talks about a 17 weeker and that brought me to tears.

From a legal standpoint these babies are not considered “persons” with any inherent rights. The mother can dispose of the body as she wishes.

She does sort of incriminate the org though in the practice of partial birth abortion but she seems to think they can rationalize it by “well we did not intend to do this”

Today, Governor Jindal announced he is directing the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals to launch an investigation into Planned Parenthood after reports surfaced alleging some Planned Parenthood affiliates are using partial birth abortions to sell fetal body parts.

A video surfaced showing a Planned Parenthood Federation of America senior director describing how some Planned Parenthood employees are actively engaging in illegal partial birth abortion procedures and attempting to conduct these abortions so that they leave body parts intact so that they can later be sold on the open market.

Governor Jindal said, “Today’s video of a Planned Parenthood official discussing the systematic harvesting and trafficking of human body parts is shocking and gruesome. This same organization is seeking to open an abortion clinic in New Orleans. I have instructed Louisiana’s Department of Health and Hospitals to conduct an immediate investigation into this alleged evil and illegal activity and to not issue any licenses until this investigation is complete. I am also asking the FBI to assist DHH in investigating this alleged criminal activity by this organization.”

The earlier thread may not have had the best news source and I think that is important here.

It wasn’t Fox, CBS, NY Times or something like that. It is unfortunate that at times, we have to worry about stories being reported.

When does “appearing to commit a felony” become committing a felony? Deborah Nucatola should be arrested for quoting prices of body parts that are for sale. What;s gonna happen now? Will the police find out where the infants are being murdered and lock that place down until it can be destroyed? Will the people that opened and closed the doors to that place,every day it was open, be locked up as well? That is my prayer for Deborah Nucatola and all the Planned Parenthood Federation of America including all federal governmental agencies and followers of Margaret Sanger. Does Obama support Margaret Sanger’s legacy?

gilliam,I am certain planned parenthood attorneys are right on top of this and scrutinizing the video for loopholes.

According to US law it is permissible to DONATE aborted fetuses and tissue for research. The problem with the video is her admitting the repositioning of fetuses to facilitate the partial birth abortion procedure to protect the organs they are targeting.

She quotes $30-$100 per specimen.That seems more like what they could rationalize as a procurement or administrative fee than black market selling. These organs are pretty much useless for anything but research but that does not mean that some older fetuses are not harvested for their organs either.Who know what evil man is capable of in the name of science and “progress”

They’ve used dead babies to generate power so it’s just another day, another dollar. (I forget if that was in the UK or Oregon).

You mean after they swear up a storm and get totally smashed? :rolleyes:

I dunno but attorneys can be pretty shrewd and many times it all comes down to an INTERPRETATION of the law. Donating aborted fetuses is legal according to the UAGA. She as much states in the beginning of the video that the providers have clients who wish to do this. It is probably a legal document.

The partial birth abortion claim is what is most disturbing.Repositioning the babies in order to protect the target organs.The way she talks about the procedure is very callous.

The way our twisted legal system operates you can bet this investigation will drag on and maybe result in a slap of the hand.

Heck,for 42 years we have been aborting babies on demand with very little restrictions.The same baby aborted and lying in a bucket may have been one in an intensive care unit with millions spent to save his or her life. sadly it all depends on the whim of the mother.The unbornbaby is her property legally.

If anybody’s curious, here’s an carefully worded article from a liberal source.

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/247873-republicans-seize-on-planned-parenthood-video

Here is a bit of the statement from Planned Parenthood, pretty much what you would expect:

“In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases," Eric Ferrero, the group’s vice president of communications, said in the statement.

“Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does – with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards,” Ferrero continued.

I only watched the video once so I didn’t pay attention to the editing. Does it seem heavily edited to anybody? It didn’t seem to jump around that much to me and her statements taken in isolation are very damning even without context (I can’t imagine a context that would make what she is saying into something good or even neutral).

This isn’t really surprising at all. If a fetus allegedly doesn’t have the right to live then there’s really no point - that I can see - to not harvest their organs for all their worth. If there’s gold in the ground, you mine it. You don’t worry about what the gold might think. It’s an object.

Planned Parenthood takes pro-choice to its logical conclusion. Many pro-choicers have yet to do that, which shows there is some level of mental and spiritual reservation within them.

This is disgusting. Why are we just sitting on our keesters and allowing this to happen? We will be judged by what we DON’T do as much as what we accomplish.

Never mind about the editing question. They released the un-edited footage. It’s a bit long for me to listen to the whole thing so I welcome any commentary on it.

youtube.com/watch?v=H4UjIM9B9KQ

ETA: Even if this practice turns out to be legal, I think most people will still be horrified by the thought of it. It’s very difficult to think of these people as just tissue when she describes what they do in detail (i.e. avoid crushing the organs that are wanted by buyers). This could very well be a win either way. The way she takes a bite of food while talking about it is disconcerting.

This is exactly as have posted numerous times. They are using the UAGA as a legal basis and the fee quoted is not very large. Anyone who has studied the organ donation laws knows about this provision.

The most incriminating statement was her claim that they repositioned fetuses to the breech position to protect the target organs. Then again this would have to be proven in an investigation.

It is horrible and gruesome but so is the slaughter of innocent unborn children.

All that can really be said about this is that Satan truly inhabits these people’s souls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.