Planned Parenthood targets blacks

An interesting article in the Washington Times.

Planned Parenthood, a self-styled “health care provider” and “informed educator” on women’s sexual health, has been promoting abortion since its inception in 1916. This has had a devastating affect on America.

Since the 1973 Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade, which overturned most state and federal laws outlawing or restricting abortion, an estimated 48,6 million babies have been aborted, according to the National Right to Life Committee. In particular, blacks are disproportionately impacted by abortion. Is Planned Parenthood deliberately acting to reduce the black population? Is it practicing a form of eugenics?

According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, a nonprofit organization focused on sexual and reproductive health research, 13 percent of the U.S. population is black, but 37 percent of all abortions are performed on black women. More than 10 million black babies have been aborted since 1973. Black women are 4.8 times as likely as white women to have an abortion. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention also indicates that one out of every five white pregnancies ends in abortion, whereas one out of every two black pregnancies ends in abortion.

Full story here.

I am glad this is getting attention in the secular press and a prestigious source at that.

The evidence of Margaret Sanger’s involvement with the eugenics movement is pretty strong. As the, umm, mother of Planned Parenthood, it is not unreasonable to wonder if some of that legacy lives on.

On the other hand, perhaps we should wonder why women ever abort their children? I’m pretty sure the vast majority occurs out of the perception of no viable alternatives. There is no question that the black population of America suffers a disproportionate poverty rate.

The article really should have explored poverty rates amongst the black population compared to the white population to see if the high rate of black abortion tracks at the same rate as poverty.

Much as I think Planned Parenthood is an evil organization, I think we need to be careful to focus on the evil that truly motivates them instead of alternative evil motives that may or may not exist, but that resonate better with the public at large. To do the latter risks discrediting the pro-life cause if the evil eugenic motive is NOT true.

Pro-life leaders DO need to shock the black community with the data of how quickly they are exterminating themselves. But the focus needs to be on recongnizing the sanctity of life, not identifying another external oppressor.

catholic.org/international/international_story.php?id=28941

Even Martin Luther King’s niece, Dr.Alveda King is an active prolifer and spoke out against Planned Parenthood in front of their clinic in Stapleton Colorado and is also appearing at a prolife rally in Denver this past week.

I have seen reports in the past of Planned Parenthood targeting minority neighborhoods. They cannot escape their origins no matter how much they try to hide them.

My sister did a college report on the subject. She had to read a book written by Margaret Sanger.

And in fact, the book ws actually SIGNED BY HER

She wanted to burn it after she found that out

But yeah, she did find out that Planned Parenthood targeted minorites.

It sounds like Nazism to me.

And the worst part, our tax dollars subsidizes them. That’s why we need to become politically active by writing our legislators to not vote for any support.
That’s why we need to pray and support the prolife effort.
That’s why we need to spread God’s message of life for all people.
Particularly the unborn during this upcoming election. Too much is at stake…our own salvation, I fear when we ignore God’s call to protect everyone…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.