Planned Parenthood Terre Haute Health Center to close in July

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) – Officials with the Planned Parenthood Office for Indiana and Kentucky have confirmed that the Terre Haute Health Center will close in July.

wthitv.com/2016/06/30/planned-parenthood-terre-haute-health-center-to-close-in-july/

This is good. Let’s put abortionists out of business.

A little unrelated, but still has to do with abortion. Could someone explain to me why on the very orthodox National Catholic Register, a bunch of folks in the comment section who identify as Catholic are arguing in favour of abortion?

This is great news, even though Indiana’s new law was stopped by a federal judge this week. Among other things, it prohibited choosing abortion because the fetus may have a disability. PP argues that a disabled person is better off dead.:frowning:

This is pretty bad news for anyone who has or will have to deal with a disability, which is almost everyone. The ruling is not surprising after similar laws have been blocked in Texas and other states.

indystar.com/story/news/politics/2016/06/30/judge-grants-preliminary-injunction-indiana-abortion-law/86556662/

Let’s hope that in the next issue’s comment section, they will hear the truth.

Lord keep us from confusion!

Can you be sure they are Catholic, and not non-Catholics pretending they are Catholic to sow seeds out of doubt/confusion etc?! There’s no doubt though they may be Catholics. There are sadly Catholics supportive of legal abortion.

I haven’t been to the site but I wonder if they actually are arguing in favor of abortion or in favor of a woman’s legal right as the US Supreme Court found over 43 yrs ago. Along with favoring religious liberty for all women on this issue where a Catholic woman can follow the dictates of her faith and not seek an abortion in any instance whatsover and a woman of another faith whose denomination allows some choice to also observe and follow the dictates of her faith’s understanding today. Sure I understand they are dissenting from the Catholic faith by not supporting religious liberty on this issue for these woman of non Catholic faith. But polls have shown a large % of Catholics dissent on the use of contraceptives in the privacy of their bedrooms too. If any and all dissent is counted, I actually wonder how many Catholics the Catholic Church could truly claim in their count.

:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.