'Play it down': Trump admits to concealing the true threat of coronavirus in new Woodward book

Only if the city is corrupt.

It doesn’t seem to be working. But there is already opportunity in those areas of the cities where there is no affordable housing. Telling people who need a place to live today that they should wait for a Trump factory to be built in their neighborhood is not of much comfort.

I doubt there are many others. In my diocese, Catholic Charities actually received one of the subsidized housing approvals and grants in “partnership” with an entreprenurial company that gets most of those in at least this part of the state. Corruption has nothing to do with it, though political connection at the state level does help.

This is manifestly untrue. In a neighborhood restricted to single family residential use, there are no factories, no stores, no jobs other than cleaning and lawn mowing services provided by contractors. Living there would not change the composition of the small work force.

It takes more than that. Would you build any kind of business, retail, service, manufacturing in an area where crime is rampant, riots and looting going on?

1 Like

It has been said (by the right) that the Democrats’ answer to everything is higher taxes. Here we see that Republicans’ answer to everything is lower taxes. Neither one of these answers is right all the time.

Of course not, which is why the Dems are so wrong in encouraging those things.

1 Like

I don’t think it is so wrong to encourage business, retail, service, and manufacturing.

It is the riots and looting Democrats have been encouraging.

He knows that. Gotta be careful not to allow for misconstruction around here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.