Playing Xbox while sick?

So yesterday I came home sick with terrible aches, somewhat runny nose, and I was very tired. These are symptoms of H1N1 which is currently in “epidemic” mode in my state. I went to the doctor and got the swab but after 10 minutes it was negative. They said that sometimes it takes a few days to show up positive.

Now this morning I feel more or less back to normal, and haven’t had a fever today or yesterday. My mom told me to wait and see during the first block period how I feel. Would I be sinning by playing Xbox?

Yes, you should never play XBox – play Nintendo instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, though, if your mother is recommending you wait and see, then it hardly seems problematic to play a video game while you are waiting and seeing. :shrug:

What does your mother say? then do what she thinks is best for your health.

i don’t understaned what sin you think you are committing?

Perhaps you need to talk to your pastor if you frequently think you are sinning for no apparent reason.

FOR SHAMEEEEEE! lol

In all seriousness, though, if your mother is recommending you wait and see, then it hardly seems problematic to play a video game while you are waiting and seeing. :shrug:

:thumbsup:

Thank you all. And yes I meant if my mother had no objection.

Then if she thinks it is ok, you have your answer. Obviously, if you can be on the internet now, sitting on the couch doing xbox should be ok too! Feel better!

Why would playing Xbox while you’re sick be sinful?

Speedy recovery!

I get bored when I’m sick, myself. I would want my son to have something to do while recovering.

i suppose he means that it would be arisk to his health, like to many effort or something.
I think that this question is to be answered by your doctor, altough i think you are worrying too much, if something like that were forbidden, the doctor probably would have told you, altough if you are still in doubt give him/her a call.

:clapping:

The OP asked if he was sinning by playing Xbox, not if it would compromise his health.

I agree with 1ke.

If you think you can be doing something better, then do something better.

I think the OP is probably off playing Xbox now. :stuck_out_tongue:

By playing XBOX while sick not always. so it was the most logical thought for me that he was worried of getting worst, and thus sinning by negligence.

I think the OP was worried about sinning by missing school despite feeling healthy enough to play XBOX. Though the sin in that case would have nothing to do with whether he played XBOX or not, and since his mother explicitly asked him to stay home, he would have no culpability over it anyway.

To the OP: you’re fine from a theological standpoint. Hope you stay feeling this good!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.