Pleae pray for me - anxiety

Please pray for me today.

From time to time I suffer from anxiety and today for some reason I am having a case of nerves. I can’t seem to calm myself.

Thanks, HHMom

Dear HHMom, I too suffer from anxiety so I know how awful it must have been. I pray that God will give you His peace and courage to go through in life. Amen.

I think I’ll pray for the intercession of St Pio to help you.

padrepiodevotions.org/

“Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry”

Praying for you.

Praying to St. Dymphna for you!

Praying for you…

I’m so sorry you are having such a difficult time today. :console:

May our blessed mother who went through so much anxiety at the cross bring you comfort and peace this day. May the Lord of peace grant you His peace and wrap His loving arms around you.

Jesus please go gently with You peace to HHMom.
Whatever is causing your anxiety, may God help you to find comfort and peace. :coffee: :coffee:

I’ll keep you in my prayers today

Thanks everyone. I’m glad I found this site the other day. You are all wonderful.

It helps to know we’re loved and welcomed.
When you post I think one tends to be more open as noone actually knows who we are…our private details remain hidden, so our hearts reach out to each other the more…much more than if we met on the streets or were acquaintances.
So we pray for each other and kind of hug each other in prayer.

And regarding anxiety, we can feel so alone, but you’re not alone HHMom :slight_smile:

Hello HHMOM, I am a new member and was browsing when I saw your post asking for prayer. Believe that many of us will pray for you now and in the future. We may not all write you and let you know we are doing it but it is being done. You are included by name in many of our daily prayers for special people close to us. :gopray2:
Know that God has great love for you and you do not walk alone. I have found that when I am feeling anxiety and my hands are shaking for some unknown reason, signs that you are familiar with I’m sure…I start praying the Rosary. Some times I cry at first but I keep going and by the time I get to the end of the first decade, I begin to feel a wonderful calm going through my body. After the full Rosary the most amazing thing happens !
I can take on anything. The Holy Mother is by my side and I talk to her many times during the day. I can feel her love and gentleness. She gives me strength to go on. I always remember to thank her for her help and graces that she has bestowed upon me. Many, many times I call on her for help.
I ask for help to understand, help to avoid temptation…I even put my scapulars and Rosary on my choking dog and said “Hail Marys” non stop until my dog was fine again. I was so scared…I had time to only to pray…he would have been dead by the time I reached the Vet. So instead of driving…I put my trust in faith and pjrayed as hard as I could, hardly stopping to take a breath. My pracious dog, my best friend,…my baby is fine. I always feel better after I take time to honor and pray to our Mother of God. I pray that you find the that is yours just for the asking.
God bless you, Sharon:signofcross:

I’ll add you in my prayers.

I just wanted to say again, thank you so much.

Trishie and Sharon, the two of you managed to reach right through cyber space and into the depths of my heart. Thank you…I’m sitting here snivling a little.

I’ve also been sitting here realizing that “what I am going through” is similar to “something I went through” over 20 years ago and 6 six years ago. Maybe realizing that is part of how Jesus is trying to help me get through this. I do have a therapist I can talk to be wouldn’t ya know it…she’s on vacation from today till early Feb. And yes I do have her answering service.

I tell OTHERS things like:

God didn’t put us down on this earth to *****, whine, moan and complain about our lot in life. He wants us to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and move on. 2 Samuel 12 and 13.

God puts things in your path that he knows you can EVENTUALLY handle, you just have to make the choice to work on it.

But still here I sit worrying about X, Y and Z and making it all work out for me, my family and my kids.

And to think I was the one browing through the Internet a few days ago looking for prayer request sites because I wanted to find others to pray for.

Hi HHMom

Bible reading helps me when I feel anxious. See Matt 6:25:34

25 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat (or drink), or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?
26 Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they?
27 Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span? 28 Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin.
But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them.
30 If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith?
31 So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or 'What are we to wear?'
32 All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
33 But seek first the kingdom (of God) and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides.
34 Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

Praying for you.

I just wanted to come back and say thank you.

All of my anxiety is related to starting a new job. The first few days felt very stressful. I’ve been out of the workforce for over 5 years being a SAHM.

The fact that the lady who was hired with me working next to me decided this job wasn’t for her and left…well…that didn’t bode well. But things are going much better. Today I didn’t need to take the antianxiety meds that my doc gave me. WooHOO!

God Bless all who replied and read this thread. Amen.

I have prayed for you. Let the Peace of Christ RULE in your heart by believing in His power to calm the storm in your mind! To Him be the Glory!!
mlz

Praying the August Queen Prayer for you.

August Queen of the Heavens, heavenly sovereign of the Angels, Thou who from the beginning received from God the power and the mission to crush the head of Satan, we humbly beseech Thee to send Your holy Legions, so that under Thy command and through Thy power, they may pursue the demons and combat them everywhere, suppress their boldness, and drive them back into the abyss. Who is like God? O good and tender Mother, Thou will always be our love and hope! O Divine Mother, send Thy Holy Angels to defend me and to drive far away from me the cruel enemy. Holy Angels and Archangels, defend us, guard us. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.