Please help! Family problems

This is about my friend. And yes, I really do mean my friend. I’ve been so worried about her, I don’t know what she could do to herself…

My friend is one of those people who always act happy on the outside, though inside they might be a wreck. And yet she is able to brighten everyone’s day. She’s an excellent student- gets good grades, involved in multiple extra-curricular activities, and in multiple sports. She’s very prone to stress, and has got low self-esteem. Lately she’s been having problems with her mom; she tells me that her mom has just been getting very angry at her of late, for hardly any legit reason. It’s been going on for months now, and she just doesn’t know how to take it anymore. Anything she does, it never pleases her mom- nor does it live up to her own expectations that she has for herself. It seems like with each day, she sinks deeper into depression.

I ask for your prayers, to help my friend out- and any advice would be extremely helpful. It breaks my heart to see her so. :frowning:

I noticed you were 16? And I am assuming she is of like age? The first thing you need to do is find a trusted adult: your mom or dad, a teacher, school counselor, priest, someone… and tell them your concerns. Let them take it from there.
Prayers.

If you two are in highschool, I would suggest her going to talk to the counselor. That’s what they’re there for!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.