Please Help Me Pray For This Man's Salvation!

I’m pretty sure I’m the only person praying for this man and it’s going to take more than just me. He’s in his late 80’s, and although in good health, he can’t have that much longer to live. He is self-centered; he is the only person who exists in his world. He’s emotionally abusive and manipulative. He lies. He’s angry and self-pitying.
He was raised Catholic but hasn’t been observant in all the years I’ve known him. He’s hateful. He’s bigoted. His treatment damaged his children permanently and made his wife chronically sick (she’s deceased now.) He blames his treatment of his family on them and doesn’t seem to have any remorse. He’s held on to anger and grudges for things that happened even as far back as his youth. As for God, his attitude is “What did God ever do for me?” He told me once, and I don’t know if it was just meant to annoy me or if he was serious, that God doesn’t know what your sins are unless you tell him. I don’t know what his childhood was really like; he may have learned these attitudes and behavior at home. I suspect there may have been sexual abuse in the family because of something I saw from one of his brothers. And I think he may have some kind of mental illness now because he gets nervous in public and is prone to erupt suddenly with hateful remarks to total strangers. His children have tried to have a relationship with him but he’s always pushed them away and holds grudges against them too. I pray every day for him but I’m close enough to the situation that his meanness often seems to me to be more powerful than my little prayers. Please help me ‘storm Heaven’ for this man. I pray for God’s mercy and salvation for him, for an opening in his hard heart big enough for God to slip in and rearrange the furniture. I pray for God to see him as a damaged child himself and to hear the prayers of a sinner on his behalf. His name is Larry. Please help me pray for him; I don’t want him to be lost. Thank you all. I wish I’d thought of posting this earlier; I just have this sense that his time is getting very short.

Dear Lord, I beg You, please wrap Your arms of mercy around Larry, and overwhelm him with Your love. Make Your presence known to Larry, such that his hard heart will be softened, and draw him to Yourself. In Jesus name we pray.

Father, we beg of you to heal Larry’s heart,
remove all hurtful thoughts and grudges.
Allow him to see your love and desire to spread
your love and your word.
We ask that you heal him before his time here
has ended. Grant him peace.
AMEN

Jesus, behold this person’s loving concern for this bitter, damaged, and and damaging person. For sake of such gratituous love, Jesus, such unselfish love that also characterises You, please heal this man’s spirit, and his family. I entreat this of You, Jesus.

only love can help !
the pure love between the catholic:)

Thank you for your beautiful, heartfelt prayers. From our mouths to God’s ears! If anyone belongs to prayer groups, I ask a special favor, that you add his name to your prayer group list. Thank you so much.

For him, and for all who resist charity:

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen…

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

Amen! Amen!!!

***+JMJTJ+

Larry will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

His meanness isn’t more powerful than God’s mercy. Will pray for Larry in the chaplet of Divine Mercy.

Thank you all again for helping me. With your help, surely his heart will be softened. If he knew he was being discussed and prayed for on a public forum, by so many strangers who care, I’d be in deep trouble! Hopefully one day he’ll understand and thank you himself.

Praying for his healing.

Praying for your intentions…:gopray2:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Thank you all for your prayers. They have truly warmed my heart and deepened my own prayer for this man. It came to me a out of the blue a couple of days ago to pray to Padre Pio. This man’s family is from Italy; I looked up the town and sure enough, it’s a very short distance from Padre Pio’s hometown. So I’m beginning a novena to St. Pio today. Larry doesn’t stand a chance of getting away now…he might as well give up fighting it…!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.