Please help me with an answer. Regarding Holy Innocence

Hello my CAF Brothers & Sisters.
I have been reading alot on the Holy Innocence and I still don’t understand what it means. Have read till I can’t read anymore. Is there someone who could put this in a language that I can understand? As it is it is worded in the way a Theologian, Physician, and Lawyer would say. I just would like to understand. Who they are, what happened to them, and why they are called The Holy Innocence. Also, is there such a thing as a Holy Innocents Chaplet? Thank you for your time. This is a Chaplet that I have fallen in love with. It is called The Chaplet Or Rosary of Our Lady Of Tears. Watch this on Youtube. Its Awesome!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUy5GtgQFEg

God Bless you and May Keep You!
Sincerely
Georgia or Gigglin.

The Holy InnocenTS (not ‘Innocence’) are the baby boys of Bethlehem who were killed by King Herod. He ordered the killing thinking Jesus would be one of those slain. Herod was jealous of Jesus and wanted Him dead, because the Wise Men had told him that Jesus would be King of the Jews, so He was a threat to Herod’s own kingly power.

They were martyrs in a sense, as they died for the sake of Christ. For this reason they are called ‘Holy’. They are called ‘Innocents’ because, being very young children, they were innocent.

The story is in the Gospels. I cannot see what you are confused about, it seems pretty clear to me :shrug:

I cannot find any specific Chaplet prayer of the Holy Innocents.

I’ve got a learning disability and it’s hard for me to understand things. I was looking at one website and I almost needed a dictionary, encyclopedia and other reading tools to help me. I just don’t get it. I thought babies killed in abortions were them too. I’m only trying to learn. Cut me some slack please.

In that case I’m very sorry for my earlier comment.

I know Mother Angelica has said that children killed by abortion are like the Holy Innocents. So they are in some ways, but that doesn’t mean they are exactly the same thing.

And, I am remembering, that on our Catholic calendar we do have the “Feast of the Holy Innocents”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.