Please help me with info: Religious visa for the United States

In the Name of the Lord, please help !

I need help from anyone who is or knows a foreign Catholic Priest or Religious Brother or Sister who has come to the US and managed to receive a
**Religious visa for the United States.
I am Australian, and a friar who has lived the last 8 years in Italy. I have arrived here to the United States 4 days ago on a touristic visa "Visa Waiver Program" for 90 days, and have need for either a Religious visa, or Student visa (because the bishop here intends for me to continue my studies for Priesthood here).

*If you have experience in this matter please write to me and tell me if it's possible or what to avoid.. I need some help. *
Please help me, I need your advice !

[quote="Poor_Friars, post:1, topic:209099"]
In the Name of the Lord, please help !

I need help from anyone who is or knows a foreign Catholic Priest or Religious Brother or Sister who has come to the US and managed to receive a
**Religious visa for the United States.
I am Australian, and a friar who has lived the last 8 years in Italy. I have arrived here to the United States 4 days ago on a touristic visa "Visa Waiver Program" for 90 days, and have need for either a Religious visa, or Student visa (because the bishop here intends for me to continue my studies for Priesthood here).

*If you have experience in this matter please write to me and tell me if it's possible or what to avoid.. I need some help. *
Please help me, I need your advice !

[/quote]

I'm surprised you haven't contacted your VD about this matter. You should contact your diocesan Vicar General's office if you don't know who to call.

Dear Poor Friars,

Your letter has caught my attention because I do know a foreign priest who is now staying in the US, and over the years I have helped in various visa matters.

You cannot obtain a religious visa (or student visa) while you are in the US on a tourist visa (even visa waiver). You must apply in your own country or in your country of residence (Italy, I assume). So you need to go back to Italy (or your own country) and there do all the papers which are required for the application.

You can find the requirements for each type of visa on the website of the American embassy for the country where you will be making your application.

I am sure that you will be able to obtain the visa, it will only require a good amount of patience... I wish you a smooth and successful processing.

Thank you so much for your help,
I am truely gratefull for all of your help (Cf. Mt 10,42), unfortunatly for us, you may be right...
Were looking further into the information you gave us,
Best wishes of Holiness and beatific Immortality.

closed #5

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.