Please Help my project

Please post anything scripture says about Mary in the old testament

Most direct reference is Isaiah 7:14 cited in Matthew 1:23, “Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son.”

More indirect references:

Genesis 3:15, “I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed.”

Psalm 86:16, “Turn to me and take pity on me; give thy strength to thy servant, and save the son of thy handmaid.”

Psalm 116:16, “O Lord, I am thy servant; I am thy servant, the son of thy handmaid. Thou hast loosed my bonds.”

Jeremiah 31:22, “The Lord has created a new thing upon the earth: woman encompasses man.”

The Church also sees Mary as the Ark of the (New) Covenant. The original ark carried the covenant carved by thr finger of God, the priestly rod of Aaron, and manna. Mary carried the Word enfleshed, the eternal high priest, and the true bread of life. Luke’s gospel, while Mary is oregnant, has parallels with David’s treatment of the lost ark. Also, the ark is shown found in Revelation, and it is a woman crowned with stars who births our savior, who faces the serpent from the Garden.

The Church also sees in Mary the Queen Mother in David’s line of Kings. See Samuel and Kings.

I thank both of you for your help.

Your husband is your Maker, the Lord of hosts is His
Name, Your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, the
most high over all the earth. Is. 54:5

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

There are too many scriptures to list.

Esther and Judith are types of Mary so it can be said that both these books are about Mary.

All the queens of the Old Testament are types of Mary. Jacobs mother, Bathsheba, the female in Song of Songs…

list goes on.

-Tim-

thank all of you who responded !! - it is helpful.

A quick Google search brought up all this material: google.com/search?q=references+to+virgin+mary+old+testament+in+the+glories+of+mary&gws_rd=ssl. The website to be avoided is the one that accuses Catholics of idolatry. That’s sheer nonsense as anyone who actually knows true Church teaching can attest.

I like to add for Mary being the ark, you can write the comparison between david jumping and leaping for joy in front of the ark in Samuel vs Elizabeths visit to Mary in luke:

books.google.com/books?id=lE_geepjWk4C&pg=PA61&lpg=PA61&dq=elizabeth+leaps+near+mary+comparison+to+david+leaping&source=bl&ots=J-ZUVhzm-D&sig=NtXwCtC13jZmFykcdy2BrHjWeRI&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiz9Jvu1KzJAhXBcT4KHV2JDwQQ6AEILDAD#v=onepage&q=elizabeth%20leaps%20near%20mary%20comparison%20to%20david%20leaping&f=false

great idea - thanks!

Isaiah 66:7-8

(does this refer to Mary? did she avoid the pain of childbirth, because she was sinless, whereas back in Genesis the pain of childbirth is described as one of the effects of original sin)

Before she is in labor
She gives birth;
Before her pangs come upon her,
she delivers a male child.
Who ever heard of such a thing,
or who ever saw the like?

wow!!! This is excellent !!! Thanks!!!

https://scontent.ford4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtf1/v/t1.0-9/12316410_1661273597489745_3567144782354629290_n.jpg?oh=475cd1d0647aaaf18791867ee141eb4c&oe=56E54E6B

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.