Please help us with your prayers

Loads of typos. Please forgive.

My mother is dying. She is 99. Oh, you may say; that’s a good age! Not for her. She doesn’t want to die.

We (me and the docs) have been putting my mother’s suffering down to UTIs for years as an explaination of confusion. Her left eye has been swollen for years. This has been explained as thyroid disease. She has an underactive thyroid. Graves’s disease is caused by an overactive thyroid and, eye swelling is always bilateral. Mum’s swelling in is just one eye; the left.

Well, she has a tumour. She is in great pain. She is comfortable now with huge doses of painkillers, She is just about with us but, tomorrow I have to agree to arrange something that will take her away and out of this world.

After so long with her calling me non stop and saying that she loves me and telling me that she doesn’t want to die unless I do too, I have to let her go. I realise that this isn’t right but I am going to miss her needing me.

My brother came this evening after I told him that she was past the norm and had to have palliative care. He doesn’t believe it. Mum was fast alsleep when he came. He just doesaHe hasn’t done much to help us but it took two people to stop us fighting. I mean really physical fighting. If the sight of a 63 year old man and a 52 year old woman having fisticuffs doesn’t disgust you…watch this space.

I know what I need to do. I’ve already done it. I love my brother and I forgive him.

I see my mother asleep and free from pain. I went for 3 days without any sleep. I really believed all the nonsense Mum was talking. It was loony. Of course, I took her pain on board but I didn’ think it was physical. Catholic as I am, I thought that the best thing to do was to give her her rosary etc. It freaked her out. She said I was trying to kill her. She has always wanted a crucifix with her if she felt ill.

Anyway, please pray for me. I am going to have to deal with this. She is pain free right now but the pain will get worse. In hindsight I can see that her symptoms go a long way back.

Today is the 7th anniversary of my lovely Dad’s death.

Please pray for me.

Hail Mary, full of Grace
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

My warmest hug to you.

You, your mother and your brother will be in my prayers and Masses.

I ask God to hold you close in all your mourning.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Thank you for your prayers.

I am so grateful for this forum. It is a place where I know I can come and get help and prayers and that people will listen and help without any judgement of me.

I am truly scared of my brother. He hates me. For all my faults, I don’t deserve to be hated. He will NEVER come here, (to Catholic Answers) that’s for sure. He won’t go to Mass and laughs about me being involved in the Church. I haven’t been to Mass since last Easter because he won’t come and give me an hour off and sit with Mum. He says that this is my career. This is what I took on.I think he needs more prayers than I do. :frowning:

On the day of my father’s funeral he hit me as I was sitting down. I still have a scar on my hand from trying to protect my face. That was 7 years ago. My sister-in-law makes excuses for him and is so smug about things. I feel angry and hurt and this is causing me to commit sin in my heart.

I have cared for my mother for many years and have organised all her care. Now the end is in sight and I am terrified of what is going to happen to me. I am not married and have only a small circle of friends. The whole situation is so complicated. Thanks for being there.

Praying for peace and protection especially for a peaceful end for your dear mother

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

O Lady of Mental Peace, Mother of Tranquility and Mother of Hope, look upon me in this my time of weakness and unrest. Teach my searching heart to know that God’s love for me is unchanging and unchangeable; and, that true human love can only begin and grow by touching His love. Let your gentle peace, which this world cannot give, be always with me, and help me to bring this same peace into the lives of others. Our Lady of Mental Peace, pray for me!

Amen

You, your mother and brather will be in my prayers , dear Saintlucy

Holding you all in my prayers :gopray2:

You are being a good daughter to your Mother as you were to your Father. That’s a very great thing to witness to us all. God Bless you for that. Will pray for you, your Mum, and Brother (that he someday will be converted). Do you have people that will bring Communion to your Mother or you if you can’t go to Mass on Sundays? Keeping you in my prayers.

You will be in my prayers. Praying the Rosary has helped to bring peace to my prayers.
I will share the Rosary Novena wth you. It may help.

Rosary Novena

(pray the following prayer for nine consecutive days
along with a Rosary)

My dearest Mother Mary, behold me, your child, in prayer at your feet. Accept this Holy Rosary, which I offer you in accordance with your requests at Fatima, as a proof of my tender love for you, for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and for this special favor which I earnestly request in my Rosary Novena: (mention your request)

I beg you to present my petition to your Divine Son. If you will pray for me, I cannot be refused. I know, dearest Mother, that you want me to seek God’s holy Will concerning my request. If what I ask for should not be granted, pray that I may receive that which will be of greater benefit to my soul.

I offer you this spiritual “Bouquet of Roses” because I love you. I put all my confidence in you since your prayers before God are most powerful. For the greater glory of God and for the sake of Jesus, your loving Son, hear and grant my prayer. Sweet Heart of Mary, pray for me.

a

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

I will be praying the chaplet of Divine Mercy today for your mother and your family.

I will continue to be very much in my prayers. I feel very much for you.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please flood this person with Your Healing Love. Console them in the cross you ask them to bear, and make Your Will clear to them, so that they may be an instrument of it for their mother. Please, Father, heal the relationship between that of this person and their brother, that they may recognize the special importance of remaining in contact and love for one another in this time of trouble and illness. Flood their mother with Your Healing, that she may be at peace with her situation and the wonders that eternal life has in promise for her, if You so Will this to be the end of her earthly life. Through Jesus, Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

You will be in my prayers. Pray the Rosary. Ask Mary to help you and your family.

I pray that God will give you the emotional and spiritual strength you need now and in the future.

praying

Lord, in Your mercy, grant that Stlucy’s mum has a crucifix to grasp with all faith in her last days. May the comfort that comes from pondering Christ’s death provide her with great joy and a lessening of all anxiety. Bring her heart to repentance and contrition. Graciously accept her plea of forgiveness and remember the place You have prepared for her from all time. You are a Lord of mercy and we place our very existence in Your hands. Your Son is called the Prince of peace. Grant that His peace is extended to all of his family, and that anger will subside as Mum’s eternity arrives. Jesus told us “Peace I leave you. My peace I give you”. Let those few words of grace provide great peace and comfort for those who are sorrowing. We ask this through the same Christ Jesus, Your beloved Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.