Please help

My parents are divorced. I’m a teen and I live with both parents. I don’t get along with my Mom because she was Catholic then converted to Adventism. She wants me to convert but I love being Catholic. I want to live with my dad or be fostered. What should I do?

I don't think you should consider being fostered.
Is you being Catholic really the only reason you don't get along with your mom??? There is too little information to give any real advice. I will pray for you though.

I can’t give you any advice except to pray, seek counseling, and begin to deeply study your Catholic Faith (assuming it will be challenged).

Ditto on the above post.

I would say,
pray and dont let her get to you, try to get along, and DO NOT considering being fostered.

but remember im no priest, GOD bless! Praying for you!

[quote="White_Peony, post:1, topic:249963"]
My parents are divorced. I'm a teen and I live with both parents. I don't get along with my Mom because she was Catholic then converted to Adventism. She wants me to convert but I love being Catholic. I want to live with my dad or be fostered. What should I do?

[/quote]

What does your dad have to say about this?

We on a forum are the wrong people to talk to about this.

Talk to your priest.

God bless and my prayers are with you

Well, you can forget about going into foster care; as long as your parents are providing you with a safe living environment the state will not take you into care.

Well, I take that back. If your parents have you declared incorrigible, meaning they basically can’t control your behavior, at which point you’d be taken into state custody and placed into a juvenile detention facility until a foster care bed opened up for you. Keep in mind however, that many foster families are reluctant to take on teenagers, so you might be remanded in juvenile detention until you’re each legal majority and are eligible for a group home placement. If you are fortunate enough to get a foster bed, you’re going to have to change schools, which means you’ll be leaving your friends, clubs, sports, extra activities, etc.

If that seems like a good move for you, speak with your mom and dad so they can get the ball rolling with the courts.

If, on the other hand, foster care no longer seems like a viable option, you can speak to your father and ask him if he’s willing to talk with you mother about changing primary custody. He’ll probably need to file a change of custody petition with the courts as well, and his faily law attorney can fill him in on all the necessary steps for that. A change of custody hearing will give you the chance to explain to the courts why you wish to live with your father.

In the meantime, know that your mother cannot force you to convert to another religion. If you feel she’s putting undue pressure on you to do so, tell your father and let him speak to your mother on you behalf.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.