please help...

the madonna and child belief has its roots and can be traced on the Semerimus and Tammus cult of the ancient times which is satanic in nature.

^i need to refute the above post…please help me…

thanks alot!

Ignoring that fact that I can find no credible historian or mythologist who makes a similar connection, we can proceed assuming the validity of the claim.

Historians have made a connection between Jesus and Horus-Osiris, where Horus-Osiris (an older character than the Jesus character) is called Priest, Prophet, and King, and calls himself “the way, the truth, and the life”.

We have the Mithra myth, which preceded Jesus, talking of a god (Estra) who was born near the day we celebrate as Christmas, who died, and was born again three days later on Easter (Estra, Easter).

But this does not invalidate the Christian claim. Rather, it supports the claim. For all the other myths are dead, and few believe in them anymore.

The Truth has survived and thrived, and it is likely that people, sensing in the visible world what the invisible world should show, before it even occurred, made up myths that parallel the Truth.

People wanted a savior before Christ, the whole world ached for Jesus, so they invented one.

Plato himself states in his laws that “The Search for Truth begins with the search for the God-Man.”

And this God-Man must have had a woman greater than all the other servants of God, than all the other angels, the seraphim and cherubim, to bring Him into the world.

Where we see the archetype of Christ, we see the archetype of Mary (Isis is the typical connection I always encounter).

And so with the evidence from myth of Christ in all cultures, we hold up the real Christ as the answer to all that the myths seek to explain.

And as we see Mary in the myths of the past, we can hold up the true Theotokos, the true God-bearer, as the answer to the shadows mythmakers beforehand drew.

In their attempts to explain, even the pagan ancestors, in their attempts to understand, touched brilliantly upon the Truth revealed most fully in Catholic Tradition.

oh well…thanks! can i ask for a link?

Try this link. Answering Chick Tracts
Pax tecum.

Let’s start with the basic premise of the poster’s argument…

My first question is “WHO SAYS this started with the Semirimus/Tammuz cult ???” The only information I was able to find on this is regurgitated drivel from various Protestant web blogs and the like. I have yet to find any academic references to this cult, and the Bible says nothing of the sort. The only Scriptural reference is to Nimrod, and they all then go on to extrapolate how the Tower of Babel was actually Nimrod beginning a new Satanic religion (which in and of itself seems like some serious Biblical butchering). I can’t even trace this one back to a verifiable source of any kind (not even Hislop or Boettner).

Personally, I wouldn’t even entertain this argument unless the OP could give a source of this information. If “secular history” (which is the source everyone I found cites) supports this nonsense, then the sources should be easily cited and verifiable.

You can find the argument from myth in quite a few sources. A good starting point is Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis.

There are lots of similarities between several religions. Because there are doesn’t mean that one custom or belief came from another religion or pagans.

Sir, I was asking for help…for I want to refute this issue. I am ignorant of the said issue:

“the madonna and child belief has its roots and can be traced on the Semerimus and Tammus cult of the ancient times which is satanic in nature.”

^That was a post by a non-Catholic in another forum where I am a member. Its a Filipino site…Everytime there is an anti-catholic post…bashing stuff…especially when I am in doubt I always ask CAF for an answer…this is the only way for me to answer and defend my Faith and Beliefs, and at the same time part of my learnings…

This junk usually appears on ant-Catholic, so-called “Bible” Christian web sites. Others have pointed you to good resources on this subject. If your friend/interlocutor is a Christian point out to him that this argument shoots at Christianity as a whole, not just at the Catholic Church.

Fair enough, and I apologize because maybe you missed my point. This statement can not even be verified as true. If I were debating this poster, I would first point out that there is absolutely NO verifiable or historical account of this even being true. There is absolutely no historical source on Babylonian religion that even suggests this statement is based on anything factual. Refuting this with anything other than the confrontation that this is not a factual statement would be an exercise in futility. Asking you to refute this is like me asking you to defend the Catholic Church’s decision to construct a time machine and hide it in the secret Vatican Archives so “they” can travel back in time and influence world events. (I really saw this accusation out on the internet once !!!) The only way to defend your position is to charitably point out that their position is based on false information.

oh well…

sorry…didn’t get it fast…

thanks!!!

Shalom…

:o :o :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I think that the idea of catholicism is very important in our society. What youre raising up is a question that came across many scholars. I truly do believe that the madonna is a whore, an old bitch whose *** is as large as the sistine chapel because she was ***-raped by numerous ****** Jews. Also, I would like to shun your beliefs. Primarily, Mary has had dirty, smelly, sweaty rabid sex with a group of hindus that came inside her throat, making unable to breathe. As you all know, there was no such thing as a condom at that time, so the small-dicked indians couldnt reach down marys cunt. She needed a longer penis. So she took off all her clothes and went to Congo, where she was rabidly raped by several jewish black men who filled her pussy up with sweet cum. That is the way Jesus Christ was born, AKA the black messiah.

:o :o :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I think that the idea of catholicism is very important in our society. What youre raising up is a question that came across many scholars. I truly do believe that the madonna is a whore, an old bitch whose arse is as large as the sistine chapel because she was arse-raped by numerous niggger Jews. Also, I would like to shun your beliefs. Primarily, Mary has had dirty, smelly, sweaty rabid sex with a group of hindus that came inside her throat, making unable to breathe. As you all know, there was no such thing as a condom at that time, so the small-dicked indians couldnt reach down marys cunt. She needed a longer penis. So she took off all her clothes and went to Congo, where she was rabidly raped by several jewish black men who filled her pussy up with sweet cum. That is the way Jesus Christ was born, AKA the black messiah.

No responses to last post. Reported to moderator.

I have heard this same Tammuz Cult accusation made before. In fact, I believe I heard it on David Jeremiah’s radio program. He went as far as saying that Catholics don’t make the “Sign of the Cross” but rather they are making “T” for Tammuz. All of this is, of course, totally unsubstantiated baloney. As with most things, the writings and witness of the early Church Fathers is sufficient for refuting these attacks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.