Greetings Catholic Answers Forum,
It is with sad and sorrowful heart that I write this. I have been on the phone with my family. My mother is still in a coma. She shows no reaction to anything that the doctors do. My family broke some heartbreaking news to me, I am her Medical Power of Attourney, which means I have to make the choice if ever to to end life support. This is so much more than I can bear.
My family has been asking me what do to, they will not go against my wishes. I have talked with Mom’s doctors extensively. The doctors are not so confident as they were a few days ago. They do say she is not suffering any pain. So that is a bit of a relief.
For once I am facing a decision that either way I am not sure of. I have notified my school, my SD/Confessor and friends over here that I may have to go to the United States of America should this be done. I know that I want to be there should this have to come to be.
My family wants me to end life support, but I can’t explain to them that I wish to have faith in God and let him decide when He is ready to take her. My heart is grieved.
Please I am begging for your prayers, for Masses said for my family, my mother, and I, Rosaries, Divine Chaplets.
Thank you so much.