Please keep praying

My son went into emergency surgery a few hours ago. It’s taking far longer than it should have. As a nurse, I know this isn’t good. Not only that, my teenage daughter and I are alone at the hospital, an hour-and-a-half from home and anyone we know. The hospital chaplain (priest) had somewhere else to be today, so we’re really chomping at the bits.

I am praying for your son’s surgery to go well and for you and your daughter to know that God is with you and to feel His presence, comfort and mercy. I am with you all in spirit.

Amie

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for your son.

**[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ †

Picture Christ guiding the surgeon’s hands…
You and your son are in my prayers.

I feel for you; as a nurse I find we ‘know’ too much for our own good! :wink:
Try to ‘let go and let God’ work it through~

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Father,
You sent Your Son Jesus Christ to prove to us Your Mercy. By the Love of Your Holy Spirit please extend this mercy to this child and his family. Console him in whatever afflicts him and do not allow him to suffer.

Bring the Light of Your Love to their lives and help them to pray more fervently and to offer everything up in accord with Jesus’ Cross and Your Holy Will.

Do not let them feel forsaken, rather, help them to feel Your Love, despite the hardships and suffering that do occur.

Grace them with the gift of hope to remember to look always to Heaven!

Thank You Father!

Amen, Amen!
+

I ask Jesus to give your son full recovery from his surgery.
May God grant your family peace

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.