Please offer a prayer for us in our discouragement

My husband and I have had a very difficult number of years. Through it all we have stayed true to each other and to God and yet things just never seem to get any better. Could you please offer a prayer for us that things will improve?

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anybody who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of Virgins, Our Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen!

I can’t pray any better than that. All I can say is “Amen.”

Saint Anne, help married couples to live up to God’s own ideal for them. Help them love each other, live together every day of their married life in health and sickness, and share, with each other the joys and sorrows of life. Help them to live up to God’s own description of the closest relationship which is theirs: “A Man leaves his father and mother and joins himself to his wife, and they become one body” (Gen. 2:24). And again: “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth” (Gen.1:28).

As Christ loves his Church which sprang from his love for mankind, and as the Church loves him in return bringing all men to him, so a husband and wife should love each other and spend themselves for each others’ happiness and for the happiness of their children.

Saint Anne, teach all married couples what their special vocation should be: for each other, for their children, as witnesses to their faith in Christ, and apostles of his kingdom.

Amen.

Heavenly Father,
Bless this marriage. Watch over their journey down the road of life together. We don’t know what lies ahead for the road turns and bends. But help them to make the best of whatever comes their way. Help them to hug each other often, talk and laugh a lot. Help them to continue to enjoy each other as they did when they first met. Help them to realize that nothing nor no one is perfect and to look for the good in all things and all people including themselves. Help them to respect each other’s likes and dislikes, opinion and beliefs, hopes and dreams and fears. Help them to learn from each other and to help each other to grow mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Help them to realize that there is design and purpose in their lives as in the world, and if they will hold onto each other, they will know that things have a way of working out for the good. Help them to create for their children a peaceful, stable home of love as a foundation on which they can build their lives. But most of all, dear God, help them to keep lit the torch of love’ that they now share in their hearts so that by their loving example they may pass on the light of love to their children and to their children’s children forever. We ask through our Lord Jesus Christ, one God reigning forever and ever.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear our prayers for this couple. Amen

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, I pray for Chovy and her husband. Thank you for keeping them faithful to you and each other. May they grow even closer to you and each other through their trials and always pray together as a couple, as this will help them to grow. Lord, may this couple spend some time on retreat together and turn to you in prayer to keep strong in faith, hope, and love and to keep strongly united to each other. Maybe their marriage won’t always have all the happy fireworks of a young couple in love, but I pray this relationship will always have a strong devotion to you in it. They seem to be living the way of the Cross. Help them to bear their suffreings with love and patience united to your sufferings on the cross…for the salvation of their souls and for the salvation of the world. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

A prayer for a comfort to come your way.

Novena Prayer to
St. Anthony of Padua

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints,
your love for God, and Charity for his creatures,
made you worthy, when on earth, to possess
miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your
word, which you were ever ready to speak
for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by
this thought, I implore for you to obtain for me,
[cure for bladder problem]
The answer to my prayers may require a miracle.
Ever so, you are the Saint of Miracles. O gentle
and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy,whisper my petitions into
the ears of thy Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved
to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude
of my heart will ever be yours
Amen.

I wish you peace, I wish you comfort in all your days, and I wish you love.

Novena Prayer to
St. Anthony of Padua

O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints,
your love for God, and Charity for his creatures,
made you worthy, when on earth, to possess
miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your
word, which you were ever ready to speak
for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by
this thought, I implore for you to obtain for me,
[cure for bladder problem]
The answer to my prayers may require a miracle.
Ever so, you are the Saint of Miracles. O gentle
and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full
of human sympathy,whisper my petitions into
the ears of thy Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved
to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude
of my heart will ever be yours
Amen.

I wish you peace, I wish you comfort in all your days, and I wish you love.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.