Please pary for Erica , who was killed by her son, Christopher

My Brothers & Sisters:

This is one of the Sadder posts I have to write. One of the members of the Parish I’ve started attending was murdered by her son Sunday, March 29. Her name is Erika. His name is Christopher and he has severe schizophrenia.

Erika was a member of the choir and an integral member of the parish. She was one of those people who lend money and try to help those in need and she was one of those who tried to make others feel welcome to her community and her parish, and now quite a lot of people are upset at how she died.

And, What’s worse, because she was a faithful Catholic, the blogs are full of the hatred and vituperation are Lord said would be the lot of His disciples. The rats have come out of the woodwork, and those who loved her are having to read this garbage. It’s bad enough to know that your friend was murdered, but to have some of those who claim to be her neighbors justifying her murder saying:
Whats’a shame is that an over 50 woman who was nutso “pulled some strings” and was given foster children. She physically and verbally abused those kids. She had “YES on 8” and “Sarah Palin” sings in her yard this year and years of pro-choice signs.[FONT=Times New Roman]… [/FONT]Battle-axe, was about the nicest thing I could think of. Our social services system at it’s worst. Chris, if you did it, the neighbors will help you!

She was very pro life and vote NO on prop 8 and offended many catholic gays in West Hollywood with her stand. Very outspoken bumper sticker lady and a right wing catholic.
[LEFT][FONT=Georgia]There are more, but I suspect at least some are these two people spreading their anti-Catholic hatred. Obviously, I can’t give the link, because that would destroy Erika’s confidentiality.

So, this is going to be a longer than usual list…

Please pray for the repose of the soul of Erika.
Please pray that God would comfort her friends and family who are experiencing this loss, including a priest who’s known her for a long time.
Pleas pray for her son, Christopher, that he turn himself in and get the treatment he so desperately needs before he kills someone else.
Please also pray for Christopher that he come to the Saving Knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ and be restored to relationship with our Lord and His Church.
Please pray that his friends and relative be given the grace and love to forgive Christopher for murder their mother and their friend.
Please pray that those who are saying these hateful things about Erika and justifying her murder be brought to repentance, esp. the person who is talking about “Gay Catholics”.

Thank you.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael[/FONT] [/LEFT]

:crossrc:

Praying for your intentions.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Eternal rest grant to her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her; May her soul and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

Praying for your intentions

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen

:crossrc:

Father in Jesus’ name I ask Your mercy for the Erika’s soul.
Please comfort her friends and family who are experiencing this loss, including a priest who’s known her for a long time.
Please have mercy on Christopher, that he turn himself in and get the treatment he so desperately needs before he kills someone else.
Please give Christopher faith and restoration to relationship with our Lord and His Church.
Please grant that his friends and relative be given the grace and love to forgive Christopher for murder their mother and their friend.
Please grant that those who are saying these hateful things about Erika and justifying her murder be brought to repentance, esp. the person who is talking about “Gay Catholics”.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

Oh my gosh–what a tragic story…prayers going out for this family!

Praying for all your intentions.

Praying and praying and praying!

:gopray: praying for your intentions.

Lord, let Erika and her famiy not have to put up with such bitter hatred of the gay community. May she be comforted on the light of Your presence. Allow her son, Chris, to be treated with mercy by the court system, for he has many things to account for in this lifetime. I pray that Chris gets proper psychiatric counsel in his problem and that You Lord forgive him his sin. Let Erika’s spirit be a guide for her son, that he may find some sort of solace and comfort in ths his greatest hour of need. To You Lord we pray for these things, Amen:(

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto Erica, O Lord. And let Your Perpetual Light shine upon her, may she rest in peace.
Amen

For the rest of your intentions…
Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen

Praying very very hard … God bless you Michael

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.