Please, please help. I don't ever want to lose my sight on Jesus

Heylo, sweet members, ♥

Lately, I've been stressing out and I'm anxious about everything. The most fervent prayer I pray is to never lose my love for Christ. I love Him so, so much and I've put it in my head, what if I do? (I'm seeing a Counselor for my stress and my Priest for my Christian life). I don't know why I think I will lose my love for Jesus but there it is.

Sometimes I think I'm a froot loop with my thinking and think so now. I even thought, "what if I murder?". See, how weird that is? Yet, I feel tremendously bad for squashing bugs. And I couldn't hurt a human person even if it was self-defense.

I know I need to bring this up and I will to my Therapist, but in the mean time, would you please, please pray for peace and strength and comfort. I thank you from my heart.

And I will pray for you too.

Love,
Sheila

what your experiencing isnt weird its anxiety disorder.There are some good programs out there that could help you with this.I dont think Im supposed to give names of outfits on this venue.Point is,hang in there your more normal than you think.

I will certainly pray for you.

Trust God. He loves you. He will always love you more than it is possible for you as a human to love Him. The Holy Spirit will be with you, helping you pray.

May God bless you!

–Jen

/*

Lord Jesus, Sheila wants to join you in the garden at Gethsemane, but she’s a little bit scared. Will you hold her hand and assure her that she is loved by You?

Thank you LORD!

*/

Praying hard for you.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I am so sorry for your struggles. :console: I suffer from OCD so understand anxiety very much first hand. Please keep seeing your priest and therapist, it is the only way to make it through this. Your constant worries and fears of sinning are just that. Worries and fears. Only if you give into them do they become sins. Also know that Jesus loves you SO much and understands that you are mentally troubled and that you don't want these thoughts and desires is so happy with you for turning to Him during this time of difficulty. So please let that reassure you some. Maybe you are at a point where you need some anti-anxiety medication too? I got to that point recently and it has really helped. Just a thought. ;) Please know I feel so much for you and will pray for you. :gopray: Feel free to private message me if you ever need anything. :hug3:

prayers, Sheila.

God will help you through this attack from the Enemy, who loves getting believers to doubt and worry needlessly.

you love Jesus, you know who He is, you belong to Him and follow Him. why worry? ask the Lord to secure your heart, grant you faith, and strengthen you in the Holy Spirit. then let go, and let Him work on you. trust Him. He loves you, and nothing in the world or under or over it can snatch you from the Father’s hand.

here are some Bible verses to help you :

“My sheep listen to My voice; I know them, and they follow Me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of My Father’s hand. I and the Father are One.” (John 10:27-30)

For in Him you have been enriched in every way—in all your speaking and in all your knowledge— because our testimony about Christ was confirmed in you. Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful. (1 Corinthians 1:5-9)

For which cause I also suffer these things: but I am not ashamed. For I know whom I have believed, and I am certain that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him, against that day. (2 Timothy 1:12)

God bless you! Jesus is faithful, merciful, gentle, and almighty. He can and will keep your heart and faith safe and in Him until that day, when He calls you home. don’t worry! just tell it to Him, and trust Him, and take good care of yourself, too.

Lord, please help Sheila to do what St. Pio tells us to do. He tells us to "pray, hope, and don't worry." If she can't stop worrying, maybe medicine for OCD could help her. Please help her to know she has to stop worrying, as worrying will take energy away from what she really needs to do - to pray and hope in you. If she can only stop worrying with the help of medicine, then may she accept the medicine as a blessing coming staight from you. Help Sheila, Lord, and help her stop worrying, as this is very destructive to her and only keeps her bound in chains unable to enjoy her life in you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

You are in my prayers. :gopray:

God grant you peace, faith and faithfulness, and a good sesne of humor!

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Lord, please heal Sheila’s anxiety and/or obsessive disorder or whatever it is. Please help her to rest in Your love and guidance. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

Simply remember that Jesus will never lose sight of you.
When you are anxious, remember that His love for you is never ending.

As you take a step in the valley of the darkness, ask yourself "Do I trust Him?"
Do I trust Him to guide me when I can not see my way?
Do I trust Him to hold on to me when I am to weak to hold onto Him?
If the answer is yes, then walk that step.

Then ask yourself again “Do I trust Him?” as you are about to take the next step.

I have found I need to consciously confirm my trust in Him each day.
That He will walk with me through whatever darkness lays in wait for me.
And when I do, my soul is at peace even though a storm may be raging around me.

Go with Love, Go with God

Praying that you continue to grow in love with Lord, Sheila …

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

closed #17

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.