Please please pray for me...

I think I am depressed (but I don’t know if I really am or just think I am). Lately I just feel so down and sad. My mother and older sister are putting a lot of stress and pressure on me to find someone and get married… I am going to be 28 years old in December. Anytime my older sister and mother are together they have to bring that topic up, whether indirectly or directly. It’s annoying because it stresses me out, because I have no control over that. Plus, I am pretty picky (not about dumb things though) about a guy that I want. I am so worried and scared that I won’t find anyone soon, and then it will be too late as I get older. I really don’t want to be alone, because it scares me when I see other girls who are single and older look unhappy. One lady I work with is single and older, and she is so bitter and talks bad about people, and I personally believe it is because she’s single and very unhappy… I don’t want to be this unhappy and lonely also Please pray for me that God will bring my soul mate into my life soon. Thank you, and God Bless you all!!!

I’m sure your mum and sister are concerned for your future happiness but I’m not surprised the pressure is making you feel depressed! And of course you’re right to be a bit picky - marriage is for life so it’s important to find the right man. Praying that they will ease off a little and let you find someone in God’s own good time. You’re only 27 so not on the shelf yet!

Yogi,

First, just remember that you are NEVER alone. God is always with you. Anytime you need someone, HE is there.

I pray that you may find your true calling in life, and if that is to find your life’s partner and it is God’s will, then let it be done. I pray that you have patience and that your family has understanding.

Through Christ our Lord. . .Amen.

Praying… i can relate too -_-

Lord, in this fallen pilgrimage, the order of husband and wife is under duress. Please grant the graces needed in this age to unite those to whom you have called by the Spirit to accept the sacrament of matrimony. Guide them and keep them, and mend their hurting, weary hearts. Send angels to unite those who seek each other. Mary, pray with us. St. Raphael, pray with us. Amen. :gopray2:

Know in your heart that God has a plan for you. If that includes marriage, He will send the right person into your life, just trust in Him and His Will. As for mom and sister, when they bring up this sensitive topic, just let it go in one ear and out the other! Praying for you!

You have my prayers.

J/

Lord please inspire Yogi with the determination to respectfully but firmly give his mother and sister a clear boundary, of not pressuring him by mentioning their concern directly or indirectly, that he should find a spouse.
We trust his need and his loneliness to Your merciful love.

Angels and saints, please join us in praying for Yogi89.

Thank you, everyone!! God bless you all

Father grant that Yogi will find peace, and the strength to deal rightly with inquisitive pressure. If Your will, please guide Yogi to a good wife of his own.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Our Father, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil. Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.